*.~ Chapter Twenty-Seven: Th_ W_y _om_ ~.*

a/n: this was late bc my yearbook stuff got in the way oops-- AND um i also tried to be creative with chapter titles L😭

♡ ♡ ♡

Your eyes opened to the rays of light shining through the tree leaves above you. It seems that you had woken up from a dream, but it felt too real. You remembered every single detail, everysingle person, everything.

"[Name], it's time to head home now," A familiar voice spoke, making you sit up quickly. Mikasa stood in front of you with wood on her back. "We need to check on Eren when we get back."

Wait, you were back in Shiganshina?

"Mikasa?" You spoke her name, making her turn back to you.

"Hm? Is something wrong, [Name]? Are you feeling sick now?"

Shaking your head, you stood up as you got the wood on your back. "What happened to Eren, again? I just woke up from a dream so my memory is a bit foggy."

Mikasa, although giving you a questioning look, she answered. "He's sick, remember? Dr. Jaeger is tending to him at the moment."

You nodded, meaning that you were ready to head off.

As the two of you were walking back home, Mikasa remembered how excited Eren was for the following week. Another Scouting mission was being deployed from Shiganshina.

"Eren says he wants to get out of bed as quick as possible," Mikasa stated, "Just to see the Scouts leave and return from a mission."

"Yeah?" You raised an eyebrow, "What's new there, honestly. He wa-- I mean, he's obsessed with the Scoutsj."

Mikasa instantly noticed your stutter, which was quite odd if it came from you. It was like you were trying to hide something.

"[Name]."

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? Your voice is shakey and you seem... less enthusiastic."

"No, no. I'm fine," you denied, shaking your head again. "I had a dream just now. It felt so... long and unending. But I'm sure it was nothing, so don't worry too much about it."

"Yeah... Don't worry about it, Mikasa."

You looked around your surroundings, seeing people talking happily about how their businesses are doing. There were many people standing around, including this one person dressed in black slacks and a light grey button up with some type of gear on. The person standing next to them had some hair tied back. You couldn't see their faces, but you sensed that they were staring somewhere around you.