*.~ Chapter Thiry-One: Delight ~.*

a/n: question

a/n: question. do the scouts know what a lobster is😭 short chapter btw

♡ ♡ ♡

You looked over in the bushes, hearing a rustling sound that was getting farther by the second. Surprisingly, you didn't mind at all. As long as you were here with a loved one, that's all you could ask for.

"That's fine," you smiled you turned your head away from Armin's view. "If they really wanted to see us together, I won't stop them."

That was when you felt a small peck on your cheek. It was gentle, and nearly unnoticable but you had clearly noticed. The small but rather meaningfull gesture made you feel all fuzzy inside for the rest of the day until you fell asleep.

The next morning, you were woken up by Mikasa to join with the others for Niccolo's feast he had whipped up. After changing into an outfit of your liking, you walked over with your group of friends except... Eren. It was peculiar, but surely it was just a one-time thing.

In the distance, you see a table full of unfamiliar food. In your eyes, it looked like little rocks that had been cracked open when you approached the table.

"What the hell is this food?" Connie questioned as he leaned towards the multiple plates of food.

Jean had a bit of unsureness in his eyes as he glanced at the red lobster or whatever it was. "Is it even edible?"

"Smells pretty fishy." Mikasa commented.

Yelena stood in front of the table with a light-colored apron, hands behind her back. "Have you never had seafood before?" She held out a hand in Niccolo's direction, "Niccolo's a master when it comes to Marleyan cuisine."

"Dumb jerks," Niccolo scoffed as he stirred a bowl of hot food. You noticed Sasha eyeing the bright red lobster in the middle of the dish. "If you don't like how it looks, then don't eat it." She then picked up in her hands and bit into it, and that's when the chef's words went to deaf ears.

Sasha tore the thing in half easily like a beast. Ripping out the bits of meat from both sides, she stopped to think and cried tears of happiness. "You're a genius!" She sobbed, "This is the best food I've ever eaten!"

Niccolo looked lovestrucken as he watched Sasha enjoy the most heavenly-tasting food in her whole life. Connie wanted to get a bit of a taste, taking another half of the lobster.

"There's plenty, so take your time," Niccolo quickly turned around to tend to his pots of food.

You tried a couple of seafood dishes like crab cakes, shrimp scampi, and different types of fish (Whether you like it or not is up to you). Yelena informed you on other dishes Marley had, and the whole list went on and on.

The afternoon sky quickly caught up and you were about to head to the shooting range with your three friends-- Well, two friends and your dear lover. "[Name], come over here real quick," a demanding voice spoke behind you.

Turning around, you see Hange and Levi standing with Yelena before turning back around. "Oh. I'll see if I can catch up with you guys later."

They nodded, walking off towards the shooting range as you made your way to your Captain and Commander. "I apologize for dragging you away from your friends, but we have to talk about your Titan with Yelena and your training with Captain Levi," Hange explained, opening the tent flap. "Let's head on in."

...

"Zeke Jaeger is very well acquainted with the Female Titan's sister, Bianca Leonhardt," Yelena spoke with her hands neatly on the table as Hange prepared some tea for her. "Bianca holds the same power as you. In Zeke's words, your Titans are eachother's other halves. Together, the two of you might be a powerful force to be reckoned with."

Glancing down at the table, you silently processed her words. "Are you implying that Zeke wants to see what happens if our powers are combined?" You gave her a firm stare, tightening your fists.

Yelena breathed out, "Precisely, but you have time to think about it. You don't know the conditions yet, which I'm sure that you'll learn soon enough. Anyway--" Hange slid over her tea, taking a sip, "Thank you, Hange."

"Get on with it," Levi demanded her, "We don't know anything about the Paths Titan, other than it's screaming abilities and the hallucination side effects."

Her eyes widened, "You're in for a treat then. I'll tell you... I'll tell you every. Single. Bit."

...

"The Paths Titan can erase memories that happened between ten to fifteen minutes, making it a powerful weapon. This can affect anyone and everyone who inhales it's spoke, which is emitted throught it's exposed muscles on the back. Another ability is it's visions, where the holder would be able to see the life of pure Titans. This Titan is a very unqiue case, indeed. Picky. Non-negotiable. Known for it's defensive capabilities."

Hange wrote down the last remaining details, with one question in mind. "Can we trust these details, coming from you?"

"Of course," Yelena smirked. "Word-for-word, coming from Zeke himself."

'Obsessed follower, no less,' you thought to yourself. "I know that there are five holders in total in all of history. Apparently, it's extremely rare that the two concurrent holders meet eachother."

"Five people?" Hange questioned, strained with the current situation. "Eren handed me some notes about this, but... This is a rather scarce situation, but it shouldn't interfere with your Titan transformation. We should get past that before we mess with things we don't know."

"Right..."

"If you're anything like your brother, we'll have to make sure you don't die during your transformation," Levi commented. "After that, I'll organize some lessons to get you up to speed again. Don't be a brat about it, alright?"

"Yes, Captain."

"Dismissed," Hange waved as you walked towards the exit before turning to Yelena. "Also, might I ask..."

The path you were walking on went up a small hill, where you saw three figures under the shade. You subconsciously fiddled your thumbs while looking down at the ground, thinking about how tomorrow would go. It could lead to chaos or it would be a smooth proceedure, but all you could think about were the negatives that could happen.

When you approached, they were talking about something serious prior to you joining them. "[Name], have you seen any memories of some sort?" Eren asked without a proper greeting.

Looking back up, you were caught by surprise by Eren's sudden question. "Um... Well, no," you replied, sitting yourself next to Armin. "I have a feeling Yelena may add her own twist to the though on behalf of Zeke."

"For now, we just have to go along with it," Mikasa said.

The night sky quickly fell upon you, and now you just had to survive tomorrow.