~.* Chapter Fifty-Two: Womanhood *.~

4

4.4k words <3 written at 12 am

♡ ♡ ♡

The cabin you and Armin live in when he comes back<3 (future pics will not be accurate to this structure) there's also a river next to it too

Year 857.

     "Leave your foot in cold water for 30 minutes every day and recovery should be a breeze." 

     I said before looking up at the young girl. She glimpsed curiously as I constricted the wrap around her ankle. "Be careful where you're running, alright? You've only got one right ankle, after all."

     The mother of the girl approached me, clasping my hand and thanking me, "Thank you, Dr. Arlert. My girl can be quite the wild soul, if I must say."

     I smiled, remembering a particular someone who also had a wild soul. "I understand, Ms. Andler. I know a couple of people myself just like her. Just keep an eye on her and make sure she's in a controlled environment for the time being," I inform, giving her a polite bow. Ms. Andler was a couple of years older than me, around the age of 25 while her daughter was about 5 years old.

     The girl who went by the name Imelda cheerfully stood from the wooden crate I sat her on. She smiled up at me, "Thank you, Dr. Arlert! My ankle feels better already! Mom, can we stop by that new bakery?"

     Ms. Andler grinned as she let go of my hand, taking her daughter's. "Of course! How about you, doctor? Would you like to join us as a thanks?"

     As much as I wished to join the duo, I shook my head due to already pre-set plans I had with Mikasa. "Ah, I'm good. Also, no need to pay me anything else. Maybe another day!"

     "That's a shame," she said but waved her hand as a goodbye. "But have a good day! I'll keep in touch with you about the good stuff."