*.~ Chapter Three: Limerence ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

A total suicide mission. Over 250,000 people were sent to retake Wall Maria recklessly by the government's stupid and absolutely unbelievable decision. When they came back, not even 200 people made it back.

Armin didn't have any luck finding his grandpa among the crowd, leaving him with only his straw hat as a keepsake. You gently grabbed his wrist as he walked behind you.

"Here, come along Armin." You said in your soft, gentle, and childish voice of yours. Armin felt a bit soothed by your voice; he always did.

He held the hat to his head and knees as he sat there on the floor. You quietly sat there in front of Armin, letting him cry it out.

"We have to find a way to stop them." Eren spoke above you as he glanced over at Armin. "Our lives will never be our own until we do. This world will never feel like home."

Eren then squatted with his back against the wall. "That's it. Next year, I'll be applying to join the Cadets."

Armin and you both glanced at Eren with surprise. "Eh?" You let out quietly in even more concern than you were in before.

"To become strong enough to fight back." Eren added on.

Armin looked back at the space in front of him with tiny tears peeking out the sides of his eyes. "I'm with you." You hear him say.

Your brother jerked his head at him. "You don't have to--!"

"I do!" Armin cut him off with no hesitation.

Taking a deep breath in, you finally made your decision. "I'll join too, then." You said with a stern look.

"No-!" Eren yelped, sitting on the floor completely while leaning in your direction.

"You'll have to deal with it." You interrupted him with a direct tone.

Eren slightly jumped at your sudden change in language, as if you were a whole other person. He didn't fight back, which was relieving to you.

"So do I." You hear Mikasa say behind you, making you turn your body.

You didn't expect anything else from Mikasa, so you weren't really surprised when she said that. "I'm not trying to drag you in. Look, there's no point in following me to my death!" Eren spoke to her as if he was going to change her mind.