*.~ Chapter Seven: Enigma Mind ~.*

a/n: i'm gonna try and make chapters longer and more enjoyable for you guys :) I usually go up from 1700 to 2100 words, so I'll see if I can go higher than that

(TW: Implications of yelling)

♡ ♡ ♡

"What do you mean you didn't know what you were doing?!" Your father asked you with a dumbfounded expression. His hand hid one side of his face-- He was upset that his daughter, who was supposed to grow up into a mature woman, actually agreed with Eren to murder someone.

You looked up from your hands, but you were shaking. You had been scolded for over an hour. "I-I don't know! I knew I did it, but I don't know what came over me!" You said with tears threatening to break the tension and roll down your cheek.

Grisha sighed as you sat in front of his desk, which was clean with no papers. You didn't pay attention to anything in the basement except for yourself and your father's words.

"It's complicated to explain, b-but please, believe me, father!" You pleaded. "I feel confused with myself! I don't know!"

Grisha gasped, realizing what was happening. This was the first time he had to give you a talking-to about something.

He looked up from his desk at you, whose eyes were filled with fear and hesitation. Your father wasn't one to yell at you.

"Sweetie, I'm... I'm truly sorry." Grisha walked around the desk and crouched down to hug you. You held him back with your shaky hands. "I did not mean to yell at you like that. Please forgive me."

...and you did. Everything was back to normal.

Everybody was on the roof, looking miserable and out of shape. You couldn't get into the HQ to resupply due to the Titans climbing all over the place. At a time like this, you felt hopeless.

Hopeless...

You tripped over the edge of the roof, making you fall onto your arms and knees. Flipping yourself over to sit, you dangled your legs over the edge. Without your brother, who are you? Will people call you 'that girl who lost her twin?' It'll never be 'Jaeger Twins' anymore. It'll just be you. You felt like you lost all sanity, but your exterior remained calm.

You didn't feel like yourself. It was just like that day you and Eren saved Mikasa from those kidnappers. Even until this day, you still didn't know what provoked you to stab that guy in the chest.