~.* Chapter Forty-Three: Ancient Lovers *.~

I don't regret anything I wrote in here🫶🏻

♡ ♡ ♡

"Our sister was sick when she was an infant," Zeke spoke as the Jaeger brothers watched Carla carry the baby in her arms. The small human let out coughs every minute as Grisha tried to examine her. "She was gravely ill, wasn't she? She should have fallen at this point."

"I think she's getting worse," Carla's voice shook as she bounced her up and down. "Grisha... What if she..?"

The committed doctor shook his head. "She won't. I will commit everything I have into making sure our daughter heals," he said, completely sure of himself. "If it means going to extreme lengths, I will. I will always do anything for my children."

Eren's face remained vacant as he watched his family and sister struggle, meanwhile, baby Eren was in his room as he waited for his sister to come back. The brothers watched the whole day, seeing the horrible state the infant was in. That night was restless for her. The nursery was dark as the twins were sleeping somewhat peacefully. The brother slept with no issues while the sister continuously shuffled in her sleep, rolling on her sides. In the living room was Grisha, who was stressing about his daughter's health.

Something glowed in Eren's pocket, making him remember what he picked up in the sand after attempting to ditch Zeke in the paths. He reached into his pocket and held it in front of him, a glowing blue glass-like fragment. Along with it was a glowing trail of sand that crawled into the crib the sleeping girl was in.

As he walked over, he hovered the fragment over the baby. He could feel it pulsing. Eren was well-aware that the fragment would give you a chance to become a Titan shifter.

"Eren... What are you..?" Zeke watched as his brother hovered the glass over the crib.

In an instant, the piece of glass shattered, and small pieces fell on top of her like snow. It was as if Eren cast a spell on her and all they had to do was wait for the next day. She stopped shuffling around and instead found a comfy position to sleep in.

"Hey, my beautiful girl," Grisha hovered over his daughter who was slowly awakening. "Mama made breakfast for you and your brother. You hungry?"

Instead of the usual coughing, she reached out her dad's face with her small grabby hands. Grisha noticed this and instantly picked the girl up from the crib. "You're... not coughing? Is this real?"

Zeke watched in shock at the happy family moment. As he put the puzzle pieces together, he gave Eren a confused look.

"Eren... how are you able to do that?"