~.* Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Capricious Jaeger *.~

♡ ♡ ♡

You and your friends decided to meet up to discuss the detainment of the Anti-Marleyan volunteers and the Scouts were just informed now due to working close with them. Things were tense within the military and it revolved around Eren.

Why can't all of this cease already..?

"Hey. Did that guy look like Eren when you all saw him?" Connie inquired, looking out the window into the dark sky. "'Cause if you ask me, that wasn't Eren. If whoever that was is capable of picking his half-brother over us and his own twin, then..."

Mikasa glanced at Connie, not moving her head toward him. "If he is, then what?"

"Then I say we'll need to be prepared to cut him down ourselves if necessary--"

"I won't let you!"

Connie looked back at Mikasa who had a determined and fierce glare directed at him. He gave her this stunned look, "Are you taking their side too, Mikasa? Come on."

She let out a soft gasp and looked back to her lap. "I don't think it'll come to that. Eren cares about us more than anyone else. Everyone here should know that."

Inside you felt like the battle between do and don't. If you had to cut down Eren, your own flesh and blood, you wouldn't know what choice to make. He's your last family before you're left to rot in this world. You definitely knew Eren cared about you, but what was he doing?

"Maybe that's why he's become so combative toward anyone who isn't one of us. It's because his feelings are so strong."

"No, that isn't it," Jean shot down her statement. "He's always seen your strength, but the Eren that we used to know would still try to keep you away from the front lines. But he used you in that battle. Sent Armin to destroy that port. Put [Name] against a Titan alone as a distraction. He called the rest of us important too, and he used us just the same."

"But maybe that's just because he trusts us," Mikasa replied, "I mean if we hadn't helped him, his plan would've failed."

"Yeah, and Sasha would be alive right now." Connie looked over his shoulder at you all. "Hey. What do you think Eren did when I told him she had died? Do you think he cried? Showed some regret maybe?"

"Connie, stop."

"The bastard laughed."

"I wonder what part of our friend's death that it was that he found so damn amusing. Why don't you explain, Mikasa? Why did Eren start laughing? You know everything about him, right? Fuck, his kin can't even say anything about his bullshit."