Chapter 1 (AN)

Aki's POV

"What did I tell you?"
I asked the guy in front of me.

"I am sorry. It won't happen again." The guy answered without looking at me.

"Clean the table in 20 seconds. Go."

He ran to our favorite table and nervously cleaned it.

"Come on, Aki. We can just sit at the other table. What is wrong with you?" Rye looked so bored. He is with his girlfriend.

It's not that I can't eat if not seated in that place. I don't want anyone to mess with me. Everyone knows that spot is ours.

"It's okay now, Aki." The guy told me and ran away.

I am Aki Jongcheveevat, 18 years old.
I am not that bad. I hate people who don't know their place.

This one beside me is Rye. He is younger than me by minute. The one beside him is Elaine, his girlfriend.
I don't like her.
Of course, I can't say anything against her. Rye is going to kill me.

We are first-year college students. I am in the International Studies department while Rye is studying Fine Arts with Elaine.

"Hey, your phone. Jared said he is calling you." Rye told me while he prepared their lunch.

I checked my phone-3 Miscalls from Jared.

"What do you need?" I called him.

He is the head of the intelligence team.

"Are you mad? You are not replying."

Of course, I am mad.

"No. I am in class."

"Yeah, Aki. Your afternoon class starts at 1:30."

I hate you, Jared.

"What do you need?"

"Your mom instructed me to bring you to your grandparents. I already informed Rye. I'll send other Elites for convoy later."

Whatever! He only talks to me when it's about his work. He thinks I am still a kid.

We need to visit my grandparents on my mom's side.

"Rye, did Jared already tell you?"

"About us visiting granny? Yes, I am reading messages, you know. What's your deal with Jared? Why are you ignoring him?"

"I am not, okay? I am just drawing a line for myself. I need to avoid him."
Jared will never see me as a man.
He still thinks of me as a younger brother.

"I always tell you to stop that feeling for Jared. He likes someone else." Rye added.

I know, okay?
I won't force myself on him.
I still respect that oldie.

I started eating too.

"Aki! Do you want to go to Riley's party?" Shilo, our friend, asked me.
"Actually, he asked me earlier if you are coming."

"Riley? From what family?"

"Cameron. The one who owns the pub near our place."

Ahhh... The party guy...

"I am busy. We need to visit my grandparents later. Maybe next time. Don't ask Rye. He is not coming for sure." I looked at his girlfriend. "Right, Elaine?"

"Yes, my boyfriend won't go to parties like that."

Elaine is a slut. I know that kind of girl.
I can't tell it to Rye, though. He is crazy over that girl. He thinks that girl is his forever. I hope not. Just one piece of evidence to prove that the girl is a bitch, I will be the one to drag her out of my twin's life.