Chapter 57 (RR)

Rye's POV

"Thanks, dad. Thanks, mom." I appreciate them coming here.
I didn't bother asking them to help me but surprisingly they arrived as well.

Riley's mother followed us outside their house.
"What happened to Riley? Is he okay?"

"He is okay now. Especially that he is with us. If you are worried, a simple message to Ri will do. But no problem, if you can't. He is fine."
I said.

Brace yourselves, I will give Riley what he deserves. I will take it all from you.

"Don't touch me, Mr." My mom said. I thought they settled it already last night. Seems like my mom is still mad with my dad.
"Is Riley's grandfather made up of 60% oil and 40% sand? His face is so rough and oily. Eewwww"

My mom got in my car and left my dad in theirs. "Are you okay, mom?"

"I never thought a family like that exists. How can they don't know that Riley was abducted? They didn't care."
My mom burst into his anger.

"I know right. You wouldn't see that he has problems at home. I admire him for being strong. And I love you so much, mom, for stepping up. You are scary back there."

"Anything for my Ryerye." There you go with his pet name again.

The doctor already gave clearance that we can take Riley to my room.

Everyone is so worried about him. What he experienced back there is traumatic.

"Should we give another room for you?"
My mom asked him.

"Mom, he can sleep in my room."

"It may be better for him if he has his own room." My mom added.

I think they are hiding something from me.

"If it's too much to ask, can I have my own room? I promise I won't be a freeloader." Riley said.

"Baby, you don't need it."

"Do you want your room to be converted to a rainbow unicorn room? Rye, a room for me should be my representation. Don't worry I can sleep with you at night." He said it in front of my family confidently.

"I don't mind even if you transform mine into a barbie room."

"Just let him, Rye." My mom said. "There's a room on the corner. It's not that big but we prepared it for you. If you want a bigger room for your things because I know you wouldn't sleep there too, there are lots of vacant on the second floor. At least Maru can visit your room there too." Mommy told him.

Riley looked at me. "I want my own room. I swear." He whispered to me.

Fine.

"Okay, let's talk about it later. You should rest first." My mother and grandmom entered my room too. It's crowded so I had to step out a bit and let them talk.

"I feel bad for Riley that he has the worst family. I can't imagine myself in that situation." Sky said while holding her paper. And when she is holding this it means something. "I'll excuse Riley first on his chores. You have to wash the dishes today, Rye, since Riley is not well yet."

Damn! I am so lazy today. I just want to cuddle with Riley. I haven't slept since yesterday.

Are they not done talking yet? Like it has been hours. I need some alone time with Ri.

"Dad, pick up your wife there," I asked my dad.

"Not today, son. I am just Mr. Jongcheveevat to him right now. You go and tell them that Riley needs to rest." My dad told me.