Chapter 5 (RR)

Rye's POV

Aki is annoying me by clinging to my arm. "Can you move?"

"Just in case you miss someone holding to your arm like a koala." He chuckled.

Elaine is absent today, and I am worried. I still need to fix our relationship.

"Stop thinking about that witch," Aki said.

"Can you stop calling her a witch? Not you too, please." I don't want them calling Elaine names. I know she is not perfect, but I would hate to hear anyone insulting her.

I skipped breakfast earlier. I can't face mommy Ira, and mom because of what happened two days ago.

Elaine is not texting me too. Was she serious about cutting our relationship? If she does then, I won't force myself.

"Hey, you! Party boy!" Aki called Riley, who is sitting at the next table with Shilo. Since when did Riley and Shilo become close?

He raised his index finger and glared at Aki.

"Damn! Not even a middle finger. Did you forget what you did to me at the party?" Aki asked him. My brother's voice is so loud that I think he has swallowed a megaphone.

"Tone down, Aki. You are embarrassing." I reminded him.

"You'll be more embarrassed if I kiss my sweet little brother here."
He threatened. Gross.

"Riley, sit down here. Rye didn't get to say thank you yet."
I looked at Aki. What is he talking about?

"Why would I thank him?" I asked him in a manner that only he could hear.

"Duh! He helped you when you were drunk. I caught you being clingy to him. If I didn't know you, I would really think you were cheating on your girlfriend that time. I mean ex-girlfriend." He laughed.

"You broke up with Elaine?" Shilo heard it.

"I didn't break up with her." I don't want them to think wrongly of Elaine.

It was her who gave up on our promise. I think I did my part.

We saw Sky approaching.
"Oh, Riley? Seriously?" She screamed. Instead of sitting with us, my sister sat at their table.

"What was that? Didn't Sky see us?" I asked Aki. She just walked past us. I see my sister requesting a picture with Riley. Is he famous?

Sky moved to our table after.

"You know him? The party boy?" Aki asked.

"This is a secret. That one is Riley. He is famous on social media because he has lots of admirers. Two of them are Cloud and Rain. Check their phones, Aki. You will see they are following him. I will show my brothers this picture. They will be jealous of me for sure." They are just fourteen. How can they have a crush on this party boy? Well, Aki has a crush on someone seven years older than him.

"Why are you here?" Aki asked.

"To check on Rye and make sure there's no leech crawling around him." Sky uttered. I know so well that she is not fond of my relationship with Elaine.

"Sky!" I warned.

"Oops, my bad. I need to go back to the high school department. I confirmed that you are safe here already. Adios!" Before she left..."Bye, Riley. See you soon."

"Did you hear Sky? Cloud and Rain have a crush on that party boy!" I grabbed Aki's spoon to stop him from eating.

"I heard. Why? Jealous?" He chuckled.