Chapter 8 (RR)

Rye's POV

"What was that? What party?" Elaine grabbed my arm.

"You don't need to know." She keeps following me to the parking lot.
"Fuck, Rye! Are you serious? What was that acting earlier?"

I tried to ignore her. My driver is waiting. She is still my Ex, I don't want to hurt her. She was once very dear to me.

"Don't make me hate you. Avoid him." She ordered. "If I see you with that guy, you will regret it."

"Elaine, you are just nobody to me now. It will be best for you if you stop giving me threats. You know what I am capable of doing. It was you who broke up with me. You were so proud to announce that to everyone. I know it makes you feel highly of yourself. Now, stop acting like I belong to you.
You are nothing to me now. I hope breaking up with me will make you feel better because e honestly and surprisingly, I was better off without you. Now, move." She was so red. I am not sure if she felt embarrassed or pissed.

My family was already complete when I arrived home.
"What is this meeting about?"

"Your brothers are requesting a grand party. They want to book a hotel, and they want me to sponsor raffle prizes." Mommy said to me.

"Mom, let's just have a simple party at home. We can have a grand party on my debut. It is tiring to host a party." Sky whined.

"You can have a party at the mansion. But don't do it to impress a guy." Aki told them.

"Impress who?" Daddy asked.

"They don't want a party trust me. They never wanted it. They just want Riley to attend and impress him." Sky disagreed with Cloud and Rain.

"I already invited him. It would be embarrassing if we give him a boring party. Riley only wants the best." Cloud uttered.

"Then let's just invite him to our party in the garden," Mommy suggested.

"You don't understand. I don't want a simple party this year." Rain argued.

"Just give it to them, mom. I'll pay for it." I offered to close this discussion. "Don't book a hotel. It's not needed. Let's open the mansion for selected guests. We can transform the garden. Mommy Ira has contacts with event organizers."

"Am I hearing it right? My son Rye is so invested in this party. The question is why? Are you bringing guests too?" Mommy is suspicious of me.
What? I just want to help them finish the conversation.

"I swear, Rye, if it's Elaine, don't talk to me again." Sky growled.

"We are done, princess. You won't see her in the mansion again. Good?"

"I love you, Rye." She hugged me.

"And I love you more."

"Who is in charge of dinner? I am hungry." Aki changed the topic.

"Ask your boyfriend to cook here," Mommy said.

"I told you, mom. He is not my boyfriend." Aki denied.

"At least tell him to give me brownies too. It's unfair that only you got the chance to that chewy goodness. Tell him to join us tomorrow in planting." Mommy asked.

"It's been years that I saw you planting with mommy Ira and mama but I am not seeing an improvement in the garden. The flowers there were planted by the gardener. Where is your plant?" Aki teased mommy again.

"Baby! tell him." Mom asked dad.

"What will I tell?" Dad, the clueless husband, asked.
"Ah, you can't see the plants. We are donating them. Ouch!!!"
I don't know what they are doing again. Maybe mom is pinching dad again.