Special Chapter (Young Aki & Gel)

Nigel's POV

"We need to leave you in Reese's place. Will you be okay there?" My mom asked me.

"It's okay, mom. Just bring Nicole with you. I will be okay for two days in the mansion. Jared is there."

"Your birthday is fast approaching. Let me know what gift you want this year. Okay, bud?" It was my dad.

They need to go to Singapore to meet my dad's, I mean my brother-in-law's business partner. He needs to be physically there.

"I'll let you know."

"Don't be shy, Gel. Tell Ezrah the oven that you keep asking me." Nikki teased me. He knows I am still shy about asking for material things from his husband.

I'll turn ten years old on weekend. They promised to be back before that date.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" My dad asked.

"I am more than sure," I replied. Kirigun's mansion is my favorite place in the world. My friends are there too.

"Hi, Nigel." It's mommy Reese. He was carrying their baby girl Sky.

"Hi, mommy. I'll just put my bag and go to the barracks."

"Feel free. I'll call you when it's lunchtime. Don't go outside the gate. Okay? They won't let you too." He laughed.

I ran to where Jared is. We love reading books in his room. His older brother is an Elite and in a relationship with uncle Sage. Jared is still using his older brother's old room here.

"Red!" I called.

He opened the door. I was right. He was busy with his computer.

"Any new comics that I can read here?" I scanned his shelf.

"Check that box," Jared said.

It was a gift box on his table.

"Who gave you this?" I asked.

"Aki. Haha. He bought a comics set for kids. I don't read that. It's childish." Jared laughed.

"Is it your birthday?" Why does that kid give him a gift?

"Aki just loves spending. It's not my birthday." Jared seemed so bored.

"You don't want to read this?" I asked Jared.

"No. But don't take it. Aki will be mad if he doesn't see his gifts here." Jared told me.

"I'll just borrow it."

I was busy reading outside the barracks when mommy Reese asked me to go to the garden to have lunch with them.

I immediately saw the twins.

"Nigel." Rye greeted me. He pulled me to the chair beside him.

Aki was glaring at me. What did I do to him again? I know he is scared of my brother but I don't remember doing anything wrong to him.

"Why are you eating with us?" Aki shouted.

"Aki!" His dad warned him.

"Hi, Aki. Let me just eat here, please. My parents left and I'll be staying here till the next day. But if you don't want me here..." I looked at his mom.
"Can I just bring food to the barracks?"

"No, honey. You are eating with us. We set this so you can eat with us. Don't mind Aki. He just woke up." Mommy Reese patted my head.

"Nigel, just teach me again reading later please," Rye asked.