Chapter 29 (RR)

Riley's POV

I can't believe I am experiencing this right now. Never in my life has someone posted shit about me.

Why me? I know this is because of Rye. I mean, some jealous bitch is behind this one. I could only think of Elaine.

I know others will think that I am a flirt. I like handsome guys. Yes, I admit that. Looking at them is pleasing to my eyes. But I never imagined sleeping with them.

Last night while I was waiting for Rye's call, my parents went to my room.
I knew right away that there was a problem. They would never come to my room. I found out that my Twitter posts have been filled with negative comments.

What did I do? I don't remember stealing other boyfriends. I even waited for Rye. I never made a move on him before. I am secretly just crushing on him and wishing silently that they break up.

Mom said I needed to go to my grandfather's study room. I found out that my parents' reason is to check on me. They want to make sure that I'll be on my best behavior in front of grandpa. I am his least favorite grandson. It is because of my lifestyle. He always scolded me when I was being soft since I was young.

I nervously went to his study and got slapped hard. I already expected this. My grandfather is very conservative. He favors his grandsons from my uncle more than me.

"I am sorry, grandpa. I'll fix this."

"I told you to stop using your last name if you will just bring trouble to the family." He said in a bloodcurdling voice.

Don't worry. I'll be a Jongcheveevat soon. I'll be seeing you at a party for people in high society, and you will be below me. You will ask how it feels to be living with the Kiriguns, and I will ignore you. Rye will then grab my waist and ask me, 'do you know him, baby?'. And I will answer, someone who consistently hurt me physically before. Then Rye will ask his Elites to kick this old man out of the country.
I imagine it already. I am giggling inside my head. That was a good scene to watch.

"Riley, I don't care if it's true or not. Don't let anyone tarnish our name just because of that shitty personality of you."

Please punch me anywhere below the face. Not the face, please.

I got slapped again. It was so hard.
My grandfather was always like that.

I woke up and checked myself in the mirror. Damn it! My face is so red. My eyes are puffy too.

I turned on my phone and saw more posts about me. Why would I want a rich guy? I can buy handsome guys if I want to, but I don't need that because I am Riley.

I went to school early to avoid my parents, and I didn't want Rye to see me like this too.

When I arrived at school, I felt like all eyes were on me. They must have seen it already. I don't care about their opinion.
I know myself. I am confident about who I am.

"Riley, don't ruin our family's name." My grandfather messaged me to remind me.

Ughh!

I don't care about others, but at least the first thing my family should do is help me. Instead, they keep telling me how worst I am to be part of this family.

"Ri, are you okay?" Shilo asked me.

"Yes, I need to go first." I've been avoiding my friends. I know they are worried about me. But the more they ask, the more I feel like crying.

I ran to the farthest restroom to cry alone.

Rye found me.

I told him everything. I showed him all the posts. He needs to trust me.