Chapter 6 (AN)

Nigel's POV

"Gel, it's so early. How can you be so loud?" It was dad. I mean Ezrah.

"Don't mind me. Go back to sleep. I'll return to my condo later. Don't worry."

"I didn't mean that. It's just four in the morning. What are you even busy about? Please sleep. You will wake Nikki if you continue that." I was staying in their house for now. I got so bored in my condo, so I decided to play with my nephews.

"I'll be quiet."
He then returned to their room.

Aki loves eating sweets. I noticed that since we were younger. We are not that close, though. I am close with Jared and Rye, but Aki closed the door for me. And I am still trying to knock for him to notice me, at least.

It's fine if he doesn't want to be friends with me because I'll ensure we will be boyfriends. I am just waiting for the right time because he is younger than me. But now that he turned 18, I can finally try my luck. I will make sure destiny will be in favor of me.

I am smiling while baking some brownies for him. He will say he hates it, but he always finishes the whole box in one sitting. I love Aki so much. I love everything about him. Some may disagree with me, but Aki for me is the sweetest. Maybe not to me, but the way he genuinely cares for his siblings is very impressive.

Jared called so early. "Dude, I am craving sweets."

"Then buy for yourself."

"I know you are making something for Aki. Please give me some extra. I will hide it. He won't know."
Aki will be mad at me if I give Jared something. He will think I am flirting with his crush.

I hope he realizes that they will not be for each other. Aki is meant to be with me. I am optimistic about it. I won't allow anyone to flirt with my man.

It took me three hours to finish the brownies. I need to take a nap first before going to the mansion.

"Hey, Gel."

"Yes, mom?"

"I told you to stop calling me mom." My brother nagged again.
"Bring this to Reese if you will visit the mansion."

"What is this?"

"Just don't ask and bring it there." He woke up at the wrong side of the bed again.

That's my mom, I mean my brother Nikki. I love him so much. He is my only family left in this world. Well, I have my nephews now. Aki will soon be my family too. I giggled with the thought.

I entered the mansion. I just used the big bike Ezrah gave me.

Jared messaged me right away. "Damn, you brought extra brownies for me?"
Probably he saw me in the control room entering the gate.

"Nothing for you, dude." I replied.

I messaged Aki and informed him that I was waiting. I messaged mommy Reese too that my brother sent him something. Don't get me wrong. I have always called his mom mommy since we were kids as he is Nikki's best friend.

Aki's mom welcomed me. He invited me upstairs, but I declined. Jared told me that outsiders are not allowed on the third floor. My brother is an exemption because he is somehow important to the Kirigun. I forgot what they said about it, but I know Nikki is welcomed to that floor.

"I am full." Aki replied.

"Can't you just meet me even if you are full, please?"

"I am sleepy, Gel."

"Okay, sleep first. I'll wait for you. I am in the barracks if you look for me."

He didn't reply anymore.

I can't bring myself to hate Aki at all.

I saw Jared eating his lunch. He is always in the control room, and it is unusual to see him outside.

"Let me guess. He didn't meet you. I told you just give me that brownies. I would appreciate it." Jared is annoying most of the time.

He took the box and was about to open it when my favorite person spoke behind me.

"Where is it?" Aki asked.

"What?"

"You said you brought brownies."

I grabbed the box from Jared and handed it carefully to Aki. I thought he was going to sleep.

"I hope you like it, Aki."

He turned around and walked forward to the mansion.

I was just looking at him walking when he stopped.

"Why are you not following?" He angrily asked me.

This hot-headed kid.

He didn't tell me that I needed to follow earlier.

He is always cute.
I kissed him on his cheek.
I can't help it.

"Tell me, what are you playing, Gel?"

"I am not playing, Aki. I like you so much."

"How about Red?" His arched brows indicate that he is upset.

"What about Jared? I never liked him. How about you? Do you still like him until now? Are you in love with him?" I am afraid to hear his answer.

"I am not in love with him, but I am not in love with you either."

"I am relieved." I sighed.

"Relieved that I am not in love with you?" He scowled.

"I always know that you don't like me, but hearing that you are not in love with Jared too made me so happy. Thank you, Aki."

"You are weird. You know that?" He flicked my forehead.

"I'll court you. Please let me." I held his free hand.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Maybe. So? What can you say?"
I am nervous.

"Stop joking around."

I can't be discouraged. I'll give him time to absorb everything. I want him to know that what I am saying is true.

"Enjoy the brownies. I forget that I have something to do."
Let me step back for now.
I am not quitting, though.

"Stay, okay? At least let me finish eating this."
Am I this simple-minded to be happy already with this? "Follow me." He added.

I just watched him enjoying the brownies I made, especially just for him. I remembered how he ignored me before, but he still ate the cookies I made for him. That is how my love for baking pastries began.

"The doughnuts you made last time. I want it again." He told me.

Of course, anything my king wants, I'll definitely give it to him.

"I'll make you some tomorrow." I smiled at him. I am so happy.

"Okay. I'll be home around 5 PM. Don't wait for me so early here."
I want to believe that he is worried about me.

I kissed him again. He is not stopping me or even avoiding my kiss. He is just letting me.

"Ohhhhh..." Someone exclaimed. It was mommy Reese. He caught me kissing his son. Damn!
"I knew it. Aki and Nigel?"

"Mom, it's not what you are thinking."
Aki explained.

"Then what? Just friends kissing?" I can't understand if his mom is mad.

I am ashamed. What will he think of me? Kissing with no label?

"You are boyfriends. I am so happy for both of you." He hugged me, kissed Aki then left.

I couldn't deny it, maybe because part of me is so happy hearing him calling us boyfriends.

Aki moved his seat beside me.
"Listen to me, Gel. I believe that you like me. I can see it in your eyes, but let's not rush things. I want my first to be my last. Let's think hard about it first. Alright?"

"I can wait, Aki. I'll wait for you to feel the same as me. Don't worry. I am just here. I'll send you doughnuts tomorrow. Thank you for not rejecting me right away."