53: Epilogue

"Ready to go, princess?"

Minyoung smiled at the nickname Yoongi uses and looked around the bedroom, making sure she had left anything essential she would need.

She ran through the checklist in her head quickly, mentally checking everything off the list.

Clothes? Check. Hair brush? Check. Bathroom essentials? Check. Phone and charger? Check.

Everything else was at the resort they were staying at for the next three weeks. Giving both their bags another quick Minyoung was satisfied that nothing that they would need from their room had been left unpacked. 

"Yeah I think so."

"I'll move these downstairs then." 

Yoongi grabbed the bags that were closest to the bedroom door and walked out with them to place them in the back of his car. They were going on their honeymoon for the next three weeks. Yoongi hadn't told her where he was talking and Minyoung hadn't asked, wanting to find out when they got there and most likely highly surprised. 

Knowing Yoongi, the resort was going to be somewhere secluded with breathtaking surroundings. Although Minyoung doesn't think they'll be seeing much of the outside world. Especially for the first week. 

Taking one last look round, Minyoung grabbed her overnight bag that held somethings she might need on the plane and made her way downstairs to say goodbye to everyone. She wasn't going to be having any contact with anyone in the group. As soon as they got on the plane, both of their phones were going to be switched off and left off until they got off the plane when they come back to Korea. 

"Have fun Minnie," Eun Jung says with a sly whisper in Minyoung ear. 

Minyoung hugged her tightly and with a hushed murmur she replied, "I intend to."

They broke apart with a laugh. Goodbyes were quickly exchanged and then the newly married couple were driving away, their friends and family cheering from the front of the house. Minyoung rolled down her window and leaned out, waving to everyone until they were too far away to see or be seen by those they left behind. 

"Are you excited?" Yoongi asked, quickly glancing over before focusing back on the road. 

"I'm more than excited. I'm overjoyed!" Minyoung was practically vibrating in her seat. Never would she of thought her life would turn out to be like this. This something you read in books or see in a films. Never in real life.

If she wasn't able to feel the wind cascading through her hair and the heat coming the hand of the man sat beside her with his hand now rubbing small circles on her thigh, she would think this was a dream. A fantasy. 

But its not. This is real life. This is her life. She is married. Has to beautiful children. Amazing friends which has significantly expanded within a short amount of time. Lovely parent-in-laws that welcomed her with open arms. 

If she had the choice to do it all again or choose a different course to still get to this point, which would she choose? Would JB be the one to hire her? Would she be married to someone else? Or would it still be Yoongi? Would she end up giving birth? Would she meet the most amazing, caring people in the world? Or would it be slightly different? What if she had met her kidnapper first and fell in love with him an Yoongi would be her kidnapper instead and she would kill him and his entire clan? 

So much to think about. Would this happen? Would this change? Endless possibilities. Endless choices. Endless paths and turns. But which would she pick if the choice had been presented to her?

Even though she has lived a hard life under those people, it hardened her and taught her valuable lessons. Don't always trust family, no matter if they gave birth to you or were extended members. Not all family will be there to have your back and help you in a crisis.