12

Even though I passed out as soon as my head touched the pillow, I end up waking at half one. I frown to myself as this isn't a normal thing. I always sleep through the night. People would most likely say it's because I'm nervous for tomorrow but..... I'm not. As it's still the same type of work environment as my last place there is no reason to be scared or nervous. Well maybe except for that one female who kept glaring at me. I might need to be wary of her. I'm a quick learner as well and always look forward to learning something new. So sleeplessness isn't because of my new work place.

After trying to sleep for another thirty minutes I give up and decide to go outside in the back garden. I dress in my swim suit and put on my dressing gown, grabbing a towel on my way past the bathroom in case I do end up going for a swim.

I silently walk down the hall being careful not to make any sounds and wake up everyone else. I quickly make my way down the stairs and out the back door. I turn around after shutting the door and look up to the sky. The stars look so beautiful. Sparkling, glittering, bright, beautiful. I walk to the pool edge and sit down putting my feet in the water.

"Can't sleep either."

I quickly jump onto my feet and turn around to the voice, falling quickly into a defensive position. I relax when the voice registers and I see the shadow recognising who it is instantly.

"No I can't. Even though I passed out as soon as I put my head on the pillow, I woke up and now that's it."

I sit back on the edge and put my feet in the water. I hear him moving towards me and see him sit beside me out of the corner of my eye.

"What are you doing up as well?"

"Insomnia."

"That's harsh."

"Yep."

We sit there in silence, just looking up at the stars and our surroundings. I close my eyes, feeling at peace but is it with the silence of the countryside and being free or is it...do I dare say it...with the presence of the person beside me. Yes I feel calm with all of them but with him it's different. I felt it ever since the first time I meet him. It's feels like I'm cocooned in this protective bubble even though we have only just met. It's hard to explain. But there again sometimes it's hard to put certain feelings into words. While I'm lost in my thoughts I start to feel eyes on me. I open my eyes and turn to see him staring at me. I give a shy smile and face my head down to look at the water.

"Do you want to go for a swim with me?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, "I don't have anything to wear."

"Okay. You don't mind me swimming do you?"

"No go ahead. Do whatever you want."

He gives me a slight smile while waving his arm towards the pool. I unwrap the robes from around my body and leave it in the position it falls. I push myself off the edge from where I'm sitting and I am quickly submerged in the water. I push off the wall and swim under the water until I need to come up for air. I swim to the surface and push my hair from my face. The water surprises me slightly at first as it is warm but there must be some sort of heating or something to keep it warm.

I do a few laps of the pool before just laying on my back and floating on top of the water. I sneak a glance towards him and see him looking at the sky as well with a slight smile. A sly smile shows on my face as a thought forms in my head. I duck under the water and swim towards him. Once I'm close enough to him I swim to the bottom of the pool where I push off directly under him. I quickly swim and break through the surface quickly in front of him shouting boo.

I see him slightly jump before looking at me with a playful glare. When I resurface after going back under the water, I began laugh which quickly turns into me not being able to breathe.

"I-I...omg....y-your f-face....you should of s-seen it," I try to say between my laughing.

"Your dead when you come out of the pool."

"Looks like I'm staying in the pool then.'

"Looks like I'm jumping in the pool then."

My eyes slightly widen when I see him beginning to take some of his clothes off and quickly swim to the middle of the pool where I watch him strip off all his clothes. I stare in awe when I see his muscular, milky body that I start to zone out until a hear a splash and see him swimming towards me. I quickly come to my senses. Letting out a small squeak, I swim away from him but unfortunately he catches me. We spend a good hour messing around in the pool.

We eventually get out of the pool and head back inside where we parted ways on the landing, saying good night to each other. I smile once I enter my bedroom and slump against my door not able to keep the grin off my face before walking to the side of my bed. I throw the wet towel into a corner of the room to put in laundry tomorrow and my robe I lay at the bottom of my bed and climb into bed. I quickly drift off to sleep with a smile still plastered on my face.

Maybe it won't be so bad living here. It's only been what? Four or five days? And I can already tell that the men under this roof will not harm me. They are so sweet and funny. They are not as bad as what people or the media says about them. Well the job they do is bad but them as people... not so much.