29

My eyes roam his face. My hands is still on his head. He look's positively upset. My heart breaks when I see how he looks. His hair is sticking up like he has run his fingers through it multiple times and been pulling at it. His eyes are rimmed red with unshed tears and his clothes are dirty as if he hasn't changed in a couple of weeks. 

"How long have you been here for?" I ask him. My voice is rough and raspy like I've been smoking three packs a day for years. 

"Since you came out of the operation." 

"How long ago was that?"

"Your operation was just the other day."

I turn my head and look up at the ceiling. I don't know how long I was stuck in that basement and to be honest I'm not sure if I want to find out. It was horrible down in that basement. I thought the years of living with them before was bad. My horrendous scale has seriously been revised. They broke me down and not physically either but mentally. That's the worse torture you can do to someone. Once their mind has been lost and everything has been broken and stripped away. That's it. 

My mind begins to recall everything that had happened from the moment that I was placed down in the basement and chained the the wall to the moment that I crawled off the bed towards my corner where I passes out. I don't even have time to stop it. It just all comes up to the fore of my mind. The worst part? My mind has been broken. They achieved in fully torturing me and making my life the worst that they possibly could. I can't even seem to bring up any emotions. I feel...nothing. And not even that begins to scare me. 

Am I permanently damaged?

Will I ever be able to feel something again?

"I'll go get Seokjin hyung for you."

"I thought you were never coming for me."

I turn my head and see him with his eyes squeezed tight like he was in pain. His body is rigid. His hands have cranked into fists. His face slightly turned away and pointing towards the floor.

"I prayed everyday that you were going to show up. But you never did. I would sit in the corner looking up to the ceiling praying so hard. I lost all hope that someone was going to come and save me from the pain," My voice is just barely above a whisper. It's a struggle to get the words out because of how sore my throat is but I need to. I don't know why but I feel like I need to let him know what I felt when I was down there.

"We were trying to find you." He looks up at me and the amount of pain I see in his eyes begins to bring the tears into my eyes.

"We had everyone on the streets trying to find out any information that could lead us in the right direction. There was nothing. We spent all day and night trying anything and everything that we could to find out who had taken you and where. It was like you had completely disappeared. You were untraceable. Unfindable." He walks towards me. He stands at the side of my bed. His hand lifts and he places it on my cheek. I involuntarily flinch away at the contact. His face drops before turning to stone. His hand leaves my face, dropping to his side. 

"I'll go get hyung now." 

With that he turns on his heels and walks out of the door. I feel my eyes mist over. I guess I haven't lost all my emotions especially when it's to do with Yoongi. I didn't mean to cringe. It's what I'm use to doing though. My mind wanders again to that time spent in the basement. My mind churning over every little thing that happened to me in the silence. The door softly opens, a quiet whooshing sound. I continue to stare at the wall. I don't care that someone has come in. 'I'm back in that basement anyway so it's probably just another day of the same thing.

I hear someone talking but I can't make out what they are saying. A hand lands on my left bicep. Nothing. I don't react. Nothing is getting through to me. Shit I need to respond or worse will happen but I can't. I can't fight through the numbness. A light passes over my face. It focuses on one of my eyes before disappearing and returning before repeating on my second eye. 

A blurry face. That's all I can see now. A blurry face with yellow on top. Blond hair? A halo? Has an angel come to help me? I reach out towards it. All around me is movement. None of it registers though. My blond angel disappears. No. No where did he go? I want him back. My focus returns to the wall. Nothing is registering. There's no pain. No feelings. I don't feel anything of my body either. I no longer have thoughts rushing through my mind.

Out of the corner of my mind, there is something appearing. It's black. I don't panic against it. In fact I claim it. It's not slow either. At first it is. Its like a mist that is gradually appearing over the horizon. Softly forming and coming towards me. Then all once it slams into me. The black overtakes my vision like a car coming into a head-on collision. 

The last thing I see before the black fully overtakes is another blurry face but this isn't my angel. This has green above it. The only thing that passes through my mind is that it looks so soft and inviting and one single word. It repeats over and over in my mind and is the last thing that I think when the light completely disappears overtaken by the darkness.

Love.