33- a gate

Nathara's POV
I got Viper cleaned up, and showed him his presents that brought satisfaction to his face, looks like I'm the first one to care about him if I am to think it over in a childhood issue way.

Reader's POV
"I'm going to swim a bit" Vince said to Venom going downstairs.
In the library, Venom was looking for an engrossing book to read, which will lead her to multiple gates and portals of view.

She wasn't much of a book lover, even though she decided to seek out interest in them.
Unlike Vince, She's an obsessed book reader, She has stacks of them on her bookshelves, a lot of doorways are open to her sight.

Vince would always go swimming only thinking about complicated things happening to her, anything that is related to the mafia and the psychology behind every human being she sees, trying to analyze.

Emptying her thoughts with the flow of deep blue water and Chase Atlantic songs.
She was really careful with everybody, her trust was far away from being easy, she was a hard prey.

She admires quiet places and areas where green forests might appear, still, her mentality was strong, Vince's had a harsh past, suffering from poverty was not simple, due to that she would go read books, instead of listening to her parents arguing.

She got out of the water, looking out for Venom.
"I'm heading home, want me to drive you?" Vince spoke.
-"no I'm fine, I'll stay for a while." Venom answered.
She gave Venom a strong hug, as well as Venom, had a mutual feeling.

As Vince arrives home, she finds a black fancy box on the entrance, curiosity whispered to rip it open yet she got priorities.
Thoughts were overwhelming her.

"I'm not going to the gym today, Vixen." texted Vince.
-"what's up?"
"It's nothing, a bit overwhelmed"
-"I will leave that to you"
"appreciated."

She went to shower after that heavy swimming hour, do not worry, Vince is a very entertaining person but thoughts come first, she's a magnificent listener as well.

Drying her hair she tried unpacking the present she received,
a book.
Yet what caught her attention was the paper on the outside as always, dark? she read the paper saying "books are an obsession for me too"
He knew she was an analyzer?

The book was one of the ones she wanted a long time ago, by her favorite writer.
She immediately jumped to bed and started reading, yet at night gathered all her thoughts together to a conclusion.
she needed more information.

Vince's POV
The first page of the book had a number on it, it's there for a reason.

That number got a text from me containing these words:
"I appreciate the book very much, but how do you know that's a special writer to me?"
-"A man knows how to please a woman" the texter replied.

What a foolish way to reply? damn it who can this someone be?

I was not interested in relationships right now, but I'd love to find out who's behind this.

"What also do you know about me?" She texted.

TO BE CONTINUED