Chapter 31 - A stressed Selvaggia

The next day we went to work again and everything seemed normal, except the fact that Selvaggia was pretty annoyed the whole morning without any reason.

She didn't have any problem when we left to come to work, but after a phone call she got she became easily irritated.

----- TIME SKIP -----

At one break I decided pull her away from everyone else to somewhere that we can be alone and I asked her about what's the problem...

- It's nothing, really... - she muttered - Let me go back now...

- Not until you tell me what's wrong - I said firmly while I hugged her - Please...

A few seconds of hesitating she finally decided to speak...

- Leon's father... My ex-husband called me not so long ago - she said - He wants to see Leon this weekend...

- And why are you so upset about it? It's not a big deal... Or is it?

- No... Well... Kinda...

- Tell me about it - I said as I kissed her hand - You know you can tell me anything... - I added as I placed my hand on her cheek.

- We divorced around 6 years ago... - she finally started - Since then he didn't call, or anything... He didn't care about Leon... Until now...

- I see...

- This is probably because he saw us together... And he wants to know more... Or wants to do something...

- Selvaggia... - I cut her off - Don't overthink this... Maybe he just wants to make his mistake up to his son... That's understandable.

- Yeah, but I know him more than you! I know he won't be so amused seeing us together...

- Don't be upset... - I smiled at her - We'll get through his stupidness too, if it's necessary, okay?

- Okay... - she smiled, now much happier now which made me smile too - You're amazing, Diego... You know that?

- Well... I already knew that! - I said jokingly - But hearing from you makes me so much happier - I added then I hugged her tightly to me.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later if Selvaggia's ex-husband wasn't enough Carla was trying to make her jealous as well with keep playing around with me.

- Why don't we go and grab something to eat together? - she asked cheekily while caressing my arm.

- Erm... No... - I mumbled quietly - I don't really want to...

Then I saw Selvaggia nearby, looking pretty stressed again and I quickly got away from Carla.

- My Queen - I said as I kissed her on the cheek - Just in time...

- Huh? Oh, you mean about Carla, huh?

- Yes!

- Well then... Be happy...

- I'm happy - I grinned as I pulled her closer, kissing her softly on the lips - Anyway... I've been thinking about this Laerte issue...

- Yes?

- I'll be with you when he comes to see his son, okay? I'm not leaving you alone with him mostly if you feel like what you have told me earlier...

- Would you really... Do that for me? - she asked, shocked - I mean... I don't think he'll be friendly and all...

- And I don't care as long as I'm with you and I can support you... Never forget that... Okay? - I sniled as I kissed her head softly.

- Thank you so much... - she sighed deeply and returned my hug even tighter

- There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you...