Chapter 40 - Radio interview

The next morning the producer of my old talk show, Lengua Viva called me and told me that the show is gonna be continued here, in Roma every Saturday which is really good.

After the phone call I took Selvaggia to the m2o studio where she has her radio show every weeks and when we arrived we met up with her partner, Fabio.

- Good morning, you both! - he smiled.

- Good morning! - we said at the same time.

- Glad to see you here again, Diego! - he said as he smiled at me - Because this time you'll be our guest!

- Huh? Really?

- Oh? She didn't tell you about it? - he gasped as he looked over to Selvaggia and she smirked as soon as I looked at her.

- No... For some reason she forgot telling me about it - I continued as I was loking at Selvaggia and I added - Not like if I'd mad, or anything...

- Then let's go and get ready! - she said as she pulled me to the dressing-rooms to get ready.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Time for the show!

- Today we have a special guest that I've never really expected to come here! - said Fabio whole I saw Selvaggia smiling like crazy the whole time - Diego Ramos!

- Hello, people! - I said while Fabio went to stand next to Selvaggia so they were both facing me for the interview - It's lovely to be here and in the show this time.

- You can thank me later - Selvaggia said while winking at me which luckily no one can see at the moment.

- Sounds interesting - I winked back which made her blush.

- Uhm... You do know that people will see this on TV too, right? - Fabio interrupted, a bit awkwardly.

- And should this bother us right now? - Selvaggia asked back.

- Well... Not really.

- Okay... How about we get to the point? - I said and they both nodded as we started the interview this time.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- We have a special phone call for you, Diego - said Selvaggia with a huge smile in her face - I've already talked to her yesterday, but I didn't want to tell you that.

- What? Who? - I gasped.

Then the phone went on and a familiar female voice said...

- Someone you didn't visit for 3 years by now!

- What? Mother?!

Now both Selvaggia and Fabio were smiling at me.

- Yes, it's me, Dieguito and it's really sad that your girlfriend has more guts to call me than you.

Oh god... What did I get myself into?

- I have my reason to not to call you... I...

- This is something we should talk about in private later - she interrupted - I've been called for an interview here.

- Okay... Okay...

- So Mrs. Ramos - Selvaggia started speaking - This is something I've been wondering myself too and it's one of those things I need to ask...

- Just say it, darling.

Darling?! Did I really miss this much?!

- How was Diego when he was young?

- Apart from him much more stubborn than now?

- Yes, apart from that - she laughed.

- He was an amazing son, always helpful and always trying to make people happy around him - said my mother and I could feel she was smiling as she said that - Even after his father's death...

This made me sigh louder than it supposed to.

- Diego... - she continued.

- Yes?

- I'm sure if he'd see you now... He'd be really proud of you...

- I know... - I mumbled - Thank you...

In the meantime I didn't even realized that Selvaggia came to my side, only when she hugged me tightly.

- I love you... - she whispered.

I smiled down at her, but before I could say anything more...

- Don't you dare forget to visit me once, lovebirds! - my mother said on the phone which made all of us laugh.