Chapter 33 - Threatening

After we finished working for today me and Selvaggia went home to relax, but on the way Selvaggia seemed frustrated...

- Selvaggia... My Queen... - I said as I took her hand gently - Don't be so frustrated... I'll always be here with you... When he comes around... And whenever you need me...

She looked over to me and while squeezing my hand gently she smiled at me.

- I'm so greatful to you... For all you've done to me so far, Diego... - she said - I love you...

- I love you too, beautiful - I smiled back at her - My everything...

And the rest of the way home went by calmly.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Soon the weekend has came and on Saturday we were waiting for Laerte to come to meet his son, but the whole morning I saw how upset Selvaggia was and I had no idea what to do for her.

- Don't worry... Everything will go well - I said to her as I pulled her into my arms at one moment when she was literally walking back and forth in the living room.

- I can't not to worry! - she snapped, but she didn't try to get out of my arms.

And then we heard a knock...

- He's here... - she sighed as she kissed me on the cheek then went to open the door - Hello, Laerte...

- Hello, princess - he replied with a pretty disturbing smile on his face - How're you doing?

- Good. Will you come back, or you'll waiting for Leon outside?

- I'll come in. Thank you for the invite - he said and as soon as he stepped in and saw me in the living room his smile faded - You're here too? - he groaned.

- I am. Why? Am I not allowed to visit my girlfriend at her house? - I asked him, pretty calmly.

- I'd love you to be as far away from her as possible - he replied.

- Laerte! - Selvaggia interrupted as she came next to me - Don't be rude to Diego in my house, or you can leave right now!

- I don't like him! He's not good enough for you! - he said as he came closer to her and took a hold of her hand - Selvaggia... I regret everything I did before... And I want to make things up... Just give me a chance...

- What?!

- You heard me well... Please...

- I'm not stupid! You're only doing this because you have seen us together and you're too selfish to bear this!

- Whatever... - he groaned again and now he was looking at me - But you... Don't think that this is over! I'll make sure that you two will break up sooner, or later and then...

But at this moment he was interrupted by his son jumping on his back.

- Dad! Where have you been?? I've missed you so much!! - he said happily and suddenly Laerte turned into a completely different person than he was a moment ago.

- I'll tell you whatever you want to know when we arrive to my house and have something great for lunch! What do you say?

- Sounds amazing!!

Laerte now turned to Selvaggia again...

- I'll take him back for the evening.

- Okay... Have fun - she replied and soon they left the house.

As soon as they did Selvaggia sighed deeply as she collapsed down on the sofa.

- I can't take this! - she cried out.

- You can... - I said as I sat next to her, holding her hand gently and kissing her forehead - You can... I'm here with you... Don't forget that...

- I'm really... Really greatful to you... - she smiled at me as she leaned her head on my shoulder and I just let her relax now while I wrapped my arm around her.