Chapter 48 - Mother

I said goodbye to everyone from the cast for now and when I was done I decided to take Selvaggia out for a dinner before I'm leaving so we can talk more calmly.

The whole night went nicely and even if she was smiling I saw she was really sad...

God, it breaks my heart to see...

----- TIME SKIP -----

When I took her home I met up with Leon too so I said goodbye to him too.

- Hurry back because my mother is really sad for a long time now - he said when we were left alone - She's only happy with you!

- I really hoped so because I've been planning something for her when I'm coming back!

- Really?! - he gasped.

I looked around to make sure that Selvaggia isn't around and I told him about my plans.

- I want to ask her to be my wife soon! Well... Only if you agree too - I smiled.

- I do!!

- But I'm planning this for a special moment! Until I'm coming back don't tell about this to anyone, okay?

- Okay, I won't!

- Good... I'm gonna make her happy when I'm coming back... I can promise you that...

- Good!

The Selvaggia came back...

- Wanna stay with us for a little while? - she asked me.

- Yeah... Yeah, I'd love to - I smiled as we enjoyed the rest of the night together.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day early morning I headed to the airport and soon I've been back to Buenos Aires.

- Welcome home, Diego... - I mumbled to myself as I headed from the airport to my house first to make myself acceptable to meet up with my mother later on for lunch.

It doesn't feel right... It doesn't feel the same like before... Something's missing...

Or someone...

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Diego! - my mother screamed happily as she hugged me - It's great to see you!!

- Hi, mom - I smiled while hugging her back - I'm happy to see you too...

- You don't sound too happy!

- Sorry... It's not because of you though...

- But because of Selvaggia... Right?

- Uhm...

- Don't even try to deny it! I know it's about her!

- It is about her...

Then I decided to tell he what happened after the wedding and also that what I'm planning for her to do when I'm going back.

- Are you sure that this is a good idea? I mean she left you and didn't believe you...

- I know she didn't... But I can't help, but loving her... And I want her to be mine...

She suddenly smiled.

- Alright then... But be ready to take me with you back there because I want to see what you're gonna do and how you're gonna do it!

- Oh really? - I laughed.

- I'm dead serious! - she replied - You have no idea how long I've wanted to see you finally get married!

This is so awkward... But this is how my mother is, always was and probably always will be.

- Alright then - I smiled - But why did you call me over anyway? Was there actually any reason that you called me?

- Just wanted to see your face for real now instead of on TV and stuff like that - she replied - Because if I wouldn't have called you you would never come to see me!

- Uhh... This is not true!

- It is true so don't lie!

- Ehh... I'm glad to see you, mother - I sighed with a smile as I hugged her one more time before heading to her house for now.