Chapter 45 - Blind date

I've been thinking about this blind date thing the whole day, but I didn't change my mind at all, even though this is indeed a bit extreme.

In the meantime Carla was trying to get my attention in every break, but nothing worked for her so she gave up and when she did Clari jumped on my back, snapping me out of my thoughts.

- Hey there - I smiled - What's up?

- I wanted to ask you the same! - she said as she jumped off my back - Are you okay? You seem to sad all the time, but now you seem like you're not really here with us...

- Well...

After a short hesitation I decided to tell her about Alfredo's weird idea and she was just as shocked as I was at first.

- Hah... Who knew that he'd say something like this - she laughed.

- Yeah, I know... But I honestly have no other choice, but to go into this... Atleast for one night I want to be happier...

- I understand that - she smiled as she hugged me - Then do it! You know we all want to see you happy... And when you're sad it makes us sad too...

- Don't be so dramatic - I joked and kissed her head softly.

- It's true! Alfredo has been thinking about something to cheer you up for a pretty long time and so was I!

- You two are the greatest friends I could ask for... - I sighed deeply.

- Just as you're the greatest friend for us!

----- TIME SKIP -----

3 days later Alfredo made this blind date for real and he told me that he's going to take me to a hotel where I'll have this meeting.

I have a feeling he pretty much knows who I'm gonna meet tonight... He just doesn't want to tell me... I wonder why though...

Anyway...

When we arrived he lead me to a room that was pinch black.

- I trust you - I said to him - I hope this is not some sick joke you're doing with me...

- No, it's not! - he replied - But you're also going to be blind folded! Just to make sure you really won't see who you're together with!

- Fine. Let's get going!

And with that after he did everything he had to he lead me into the room then I heard him walking out, but before he was leaving for good I heard him talking to a woman outside the door.

So he indeed knows my "partner"...

And why do I feel like this is someone I know?

I just hope it's not Carla...

- Well, good evening! - I hear a female voice saying this right in front of me - I hope I'm not going to disappoint you...

- We'll see about that - I replied.

- I heard you have be through a hard time... So I'm here to make you feel better for a little while.

I can't recognize the voice, but the way she speaks to me is very familiar...

- Breaking up with someone I love more than my own life is indeed hard... And seeing her soon getting married to someone that just going to hurt her is even harder - I mumbled and suddenly I heard the woman gasping once then sighing deeply.

A few seconds later I felt a hand on my cheek which made my heart pound faster.

Could this be...

- By the way I'm really sorry if I'm too awkward - I added - This is the first time for me and uh...

- It's okay... - she whispered and I felt like she's became sadder than she was a moment ago.

After a few seconds she placed both hands on my cheeks and kissed me on the lips so passionately that at this very moment I was sure that it's her...