Chapter 46 - Wedding, or...?

The next day I felt so much happier because the night was amazing!

After getting in things I was sure that the woman I had this blind date with was Selvaggia and this is why Alfredo and her were talking outside the room too.

But I wonder why she did this...

Maybe to find out something that she wasn't sure about...

----- FLASHBACK -----

- And why did you break up if you loved each other so much? - the woman asked as we were still in the dark and I still didn't really know who she was.

- A stupid mistake was the reason... - I replied - People wanted to break us apart... And they did it good...

She didn't say anything so I continued...

- I've been fooled badly and now I'm suffering from it. But honestly I wouldn't mind that if she wouldn't be in a man's hands who'll probably hurt her sooner, or later again...

- I see...

- I'm sorry. I know, you aren't here to listen to this and all...

- No, it's okay... - she muttered in a shaky voice - Please, continue...

And after that I've been talking to everything that made my heart ache lately while she listened me over patiently.

At some point she sighed and this what soon made me sure that it is indeed Selvaggia and it broke my heart in every way...

----------

But she still seems to want to get married so even though I promised that I'm not going... I'll go...

Arriving to the hotel where she was getting ready I found the room she was in and decided to visit...

- Diego! - she gasped as she jumped up - You're... You're here?

- Yes... - I nodded.

- B-But why? I thought you won't come...

- I wanted to support you... - I smiled a bit at her then walked closer to her and kissed her hand - I'll be there, watching you... And even though I love you... I'll do what I can to be your friend now...

I could see now that she was near to cry so soon I headed off.

I didn't want to make her cry now, but as soon as I left the room I collapsed down next to the door in sadness.

I can't believe this is happening...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Luckily Clari and Alfredo came to the wedding too so I felt a little better... Or atleast I didn't feel like crying, but rather stay strong... For now.

Soon as we sat down it was time to start...

Selvaggia came and I felt like I'm about to break down, crying for real now.

Our eyes even met on the way, but for some reason she didn't seem like she's happy at all and it makes me worried.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Selvaggia Lucarelli... - the priest was now looking at her, but she still didn't seem fine at all while she has been looking at me - Will you take Laerte Pappalardo as you lawful wedded husband?

She looked over to the priest, Laerte then again the priest. The whole sight made me worried...

- I... I can't... - she stuttered and everyone gasped - I'm sorry, but I can't - she said and with that she ran away, leaving everyone totally confused...