Chapter 42 - Disappointed

The next day I was looking for Selvaggia at the shooting, but as soon as she arrived and saw me she avoided me and went to get dressed.

Hesitantly I went to her dressing-room and waited for her at the door...

- What the hell are you doing here?! Just leave me alone! - she snapped when she walked away from me.

- She fooled me!

- Like I'd believe you!

- This is the truth!

- For now focus on work - she said coldly and walked away.

What else can I do? I might as well will focus on working as well.

----- TIME SKIP -----

When we finished with one scene...

- Diego!! - Carla whimped - How about we go and get some coffee together?

- Together?! I'm not going to do anything with you together! - I snapped.

- Diego, I told you that she isn't good enougg for you! She doesn't even believe you and now she's with her ex-husband!

- You...! Wait, what?! - I gasped as I turned to where she was looking and Laerte was indeed there, talking to Selvaggia.

And now I realized...

- This was your plan, wasn't it? - I asked Carla - You and Laerte together planned this out!

- I have no idea what are you talking about - she said calmly - But you see... You can't trust her!

- I can't trust you! Now leave me alone! - I groaned as I walked away, leaving her behind.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I went to sit into a nearby coffee to calm down and finally be alone, but once again I couldn't be alone...

- Diego!

I almost snapped at the person, but turning around I saw Victoria Pession, the jury member from Notti Sul Ghiaccio standing, behind me.

- Hi... - I smiled awkwardly - What are you doing here?

- I was walking through here and I noticed you!

- Heh... I see... Uhm... Wanna sit down? - I asked her - I'm alone here anyway...

- Only if you don't mind - she replied.

- Of course not! - I smiled, now a bit more happier as she sat down to my table and we began to talk.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Now tell me something... - she started, now seriously - What's the matter? When I arrived here you seemed so depressed.

- No reason... - I mumbled.

- Liar.

- Fine! - I groaned then I shortly told her about my problems.

- It's not like Selvaggia who would believe something else instead of someone that she loves... Well... I haven't actually seen her with someone...

- I'm afraid I can't do anything to make her believe me... - I sighed.

- I'd recommend you to leave her be for now and think about a solution...

- But Laerte is there too and I'm pretty sure that he has something to do with this too and I'm sure that he's going to hurt her as well!

- Calm down... She'll soon see that you're the only one that she needs - said Victoria while smiling at me slightly, trying to cheer me up - Don't stress yourself too much...

- Okay... - I sighed deeply and smiled back a bit - Thank you though...

- It's nothing - she said as she took a hold of my hand.

- Uhm... Now I need to go back... - I sighed again as I stood up - But thank you again for listening me over... - I added, smiling.

- No problem - she replied, also smiling then I went back to shoot.