Nobody tells me I need a rich man Part 1

2/21/22

Thank you to Lunaticwithpigtails from the COTC amino for helping me with coming up with the title- Btw, the characters in this are 16-17.

Maya angrily walked through the creek she loved hanging out at, she just got back from her house after a talk with her parents that didn't end well. When she was 12 she broke free from Xavier and was happy about that. What made her happier was that she hasn't heard from him in a while so she felt even more free.

She was now on better terms with Omar and made better friends so what could have stopped her happiness? Well, when she got home from school her parents called her into the living room to have a talk. Turns out they had an arranged marriage planned out and her husband would be Xavier, Maya froze just right there she was glad she was sitting because her legs were a shaking mess under the table. Since her parents were busy all the time she never told them about her terrible 'friendship' with Xavier. Maya's parents never saw how much of a monster he is, they thought since Xavier came from a wealthy and successful family that Maya will turn out as this perfect and successful golden child.

Maya stared angrily at the tree in front of her, her parents claimed they were doing this cause they loved her and wanted to give her a good future but why would her future be great if it was just her past all over again? Out of anger, Maya kicked the tree as hard as could. Not expecting Omar to fall out of the tree. "Omar?! Oh my god, I-I'm sorry I didn't know you were in that tree *Sighs* Sorry, I'm just really mad I don't know why I did that..."Maya apologized as Omar got himself up. "It's okay Maya, but why are you so mad?"Omar asked, dusting some leaves off his hoodie. Maya thought for a moment not knowing if she should tell Omar, both of them knew what Xavier did to their friendship and how Omar would react knowing she would be marrying the monster that ruined everything. "I-I uh..."Maya stammered not knowing what to say, "It's okay, I won't tell anyone"Omar promised, "F-Fine...The truth is...I'm getting married..."Maya began nervously, "That's all? *Gasp* Who is it? Am I gonna be your bridesmaid? Can I help you choose a wedding dress!?"Omar excitedly said, not knowing the horrible reality. "Omar, listen...Yes I am getting married but it's just...The person I'm marrying is the problem, *Sighs* Omar, my parents are making me marry Xavier and sadly his parents have agreed to it..."Maya said, dreading seeing the look of sadness and disbelief on Omar's face.

Omars happiness faded hearing what Maya said there, she's marrying a monster? "Don't get me wrong! I still hate his guts but...My parents want me to be all successful and amazing...And they think making me Xaviers wife is a way to make me into that..."Maya sighed now sitting on a rock with Omar in sadness, "Maya, it's not your fault we can figure something out..."Omar said.

A month went by, and Maya still wasn't over what her parents did. One day when Maya's parents thought she was still at the creek she heard her mother gossiping with some of her friends, she was bragging about how Maya was going to marry the son of the more wealthy people in town and how much of a golden child she was also how proud she was of Maya. But today, when Maya's mother was styling Maya's hair, she noticed Maya's roots were growing out from her hair dye and the purple dye Maya used on her hair was fading slowly. Maya's mother ran her fingers through her daughter's hair in thought, "Dear, your dye is giving out"Maya's mother stated no longer stroking her fingers through Maya's hair. "I-I know...Guess I just haven't had the time to redye it, but I'll redye it soon"Maya answered a little confused.

Her mother has never pointed out Maya's hair before, she remembered when she was 15 when she actually started to dye her hair her mother didn't mind this and never really pointed it out. "Well, I was thinking...Maybe you could match your finance, but if you still like dying your hair you can dye it a color he'd like-"Maya's mother said, "No!"Maya shouted jumping up from her seat in fear. Matching with Xavier made Maya's skin crawl, Maya liked being her own person not being what others liked her to be. Maya's mother looked at her with a 'hmph', "I-I mean...I don't want Xavier choosing my hair color"Maya said hoping to not get in trouble with her mom.

"Fine, forget me doing your hair, I'm done anyways. Now get in the car we're heading to Xavier's house we won't be there long"Maya's mother said then grabbed her purse from next to the combs and brushes she had sat down. "But mom-"Maya tried to protest, "No buts, I already said we won't be there for long it'll only be a few minutes"Maya's mother said.

Maya had no choice but to get in the car with her mother and be driven to her worst nightmare. Maya sat quietly in the passenger seat, not wanting to talk to her mother. Now that Maya thought about it, did her mother and father actually want her or did they choose to have her to have something to brag about? Were she and her brother here solely for their parents to have something to brag about?

When Maya looked up she saw she was already here. "Let's get this over with..."Maya thought to herself and got out of the car with her mom, her mother rang the doorbell and Maya hung her head low. "Get your eyes off the ground, baby girl"Maya's mother said, making Maya put her head up. "Oh hello, Mrs.Enyas and hello to you Maya"Xaviers mother said when she opened the door, "H-Hi..."Maya shyly got out.

Maya and her mother walked into the house, at the couch in the corner of Maya's eye she saw Xavier sitting on the couch nearby. Maya saw a few changes in Xavier here and there but nothing too much. "Xavier! Come greet your future wife!"Xaviers mother said Maya ended up noticing that Xavier flinched at his mothers sentence. She looked around to see if anyone else saw but either no one noticed or they were ignoring Xaviers feelings about everything as well. Xavier did what his mother told him and got up to greet Maya, "Hello, Maya..."Xavier pretended he wasn't struggling to get that out. Maya, not really being in the mood for a social interaction just simply waved.

"How about you two head to the couch to chat a bit while me and Mrs.Enyas have a little talk"Xaviers mother said then put her hands on her youngest son's shoulders then walked him back to the couch and Maya's mom did the same. When both were seated the two older women went to the back to talk.

Maya felt rather thankful there were pillows on the couch so she could put the pillows in the middle of the couch so the couch could be divided up. Xavier saw Maya place the last pillow down and she scooted over. "Just stay on your side...I don't need things worse than it already is"Maya said crossing her arms, "I will...But Maya I don't want this either, my parents want me married to you and I don't..."Xavier sighed. "Tell me something I don't know...Marrying you is a nightmare, don't think I'm over what you did!"Maya snapped as Xavier looked down.

"Ugh...I know! I know! You don't need to bring up all the messes I created! Does it look like I wanted this?! Look, if our parents end up getting what they want between us, we can still date the people we actually want to. We just won't tell our parents, deal?"Xavier said, "*Sighs* Deal...But I'm gonna go get some privacy, if they ask where I am just say I went to the bathroom"Maya said then got up, leaving Xavier to just look at the floor below him.

Maya ended up heading to the basement, she sighed and opened the door stepping inside. Maya closed the door and sat down beside the Tv, the room hadn't changed at all and she remembered that royal sleepover she attended when she was 12. Her mind flashed to the night when Craig Williams had proposed that capture the flag war, she felt pretty foolish now for not knowing that would cause her freedom. But now that she had to marry Xavier, she felt like that freedom had shattered in tiny pieces impossible to fix. Maya was just left staring at the ceiling wanting everything to just end, Maya sighed and pulled out her phone, she pulled up a picture she took with Omar after capture the flag and stared at it hard. "What will Omar think of me now...? Omar, I promise I won't go back to the person that caused such anger between us...I will win back my freedom like I did in capture the flag..."Maya spoke then got up and walked out the basement.