Love letters (Craigson)

8/24/22

???'s POV:I swallowed and moved quickly in the early morning. With a shaking hand I taped an envelope with a letter inside with 'Craig Williams' written on it in scented ink to the top of the stump kid's stump, heard scented ink was romantic. Hope he likes the smell of lavender. I can't work up the courage to talk to you in this way Craig, so writing, don't fail me now.

Craig's POV:I walked to the creek at around 10am, Jp and Kelsey wouldn't be here today so I was here on my own today. But when I walked closer to the stump to get inside it, there was an envelope taped on top of it and I smelt lavender. I took the envelope and saw my name was written in scented ink, so that was where the lavender smell was coming from. I carefully opened the envelope and saw a letter inside also written in scented ink that smelt like lavender. I had a feeling I should read it somewhere no one will see me so I quickly got myself in the stump and read it to myself sitting on the floor.

'Dearest Craig Williams

I cannot work up the courage to speak to you in person so I am depending on this letter to talk. I know my words are only written in this lavender scented ink and people would say I'm a coward for using paper to speak to you but I cannot argue with them cause I know it is true. I can only admire you in secret from afar in this creek, don't worry about writing back you reading is enough.

-Your secret admirer'

I lightly gasped at the last part. Never had I thought I would have a secret admirer, I had many friends but someone crushing on me? It seemed impossible or unthinkable, I can't tell Jp or Kelsey about this so I put it back in the envelope and put it carefully in my purse of holding.

The next day

???'s POV:He really read my first letter...Maybe I could sent him another one. When I walked to the stump again I saw that an envelope was already there. I took the envelope and replaced the spot it originally was with mine. I walked off and read it in private.

'Dear my secret admirer,

I know you said I don't have to worry about writing back but I couldn't help myself. You are not a coward, feelings can be hard, really hard. Talking to someone you like can feel like a brick is in your throat and you're trying to throw it up (Super super sorry if you were eating while reading that! Forget I wrote that!)

In all seriousness, don't hesitate to write me more letters, I liked reading your first one. But, I can't help but already wonder, when can I know who you are? I'm not rushing you but it would be nice to have answers ya know. I may write back to your letters sometimes but if I don't write back, you're not being ignored!

-Craig, the boy you just so happened to fall in love with'

That goof...Don't worry Craig I wasn't eating and I won't hesitate to write back. You'll know who I am soon, please be patient.

Craig's POV:I came to the creek earlier than I usually do. When I went to the stump I saw that my letter wasn't there but a letter from my secret admirer was taped to the top of the stump "Ooo scented ink" I thought to myself when I sniffed the ink then I quickly went inside the stump to read it to myself in private I don't want anyone to see it they'll make fun of me or my secret admirer I don't want them hurt.

'Dear Craig,

I hope you don't mind me writing you another letter but if you do I'm sorry. I don't want to annoy you really I don't. So how was your day? Has school been treating you well, has the creek been treating you well?

What am I asking? Of course the creek has been treating you well, you're the one that saved the creek from that brute Xavier and helped so many kids. My apologies.