The girl who cried love (Craigson)

4/1/22
Also, this'll have my Oc Adele in this. Special thanks to Lunaticwithpigtails for helping me come up with the title.

Jason arrived at the creek an April fools day morning, unfortunately he had forgotten it was April fools day leaving him able to fall for almost any prank. He saw his crush, Craig at the trading tree. "Should I tell him?"Jason thought, that wasn't the first time he thought that. But, just like the other times he thought that he shook his head and continued walking.

He ended up going to the creek stream and watched it flow, his fingers sinked in between the grass. While the other kids did their April fools mischief one went all out this year. Big Red, the bitchiest kid the creek had. Unfortunately this day no one was safe. Big Red viewed this day as an excuse to mess with people without others getting mad. And there she saw Jason, thinking he was alone. "Told them no ones safe..."Big Red thought to herself getting her notepad out and getting out an ink pen from her skirt pocket.

Her 'prank' was to write a fake love letter to Jason and make it look like it was from Craig, the letter said to meet near the horse girl meadow. A cruel, cruel trick for a lovestruck scout. She smirked, folded the fake love letter in a paper airplane and flew it at the back of Jasons head. She quickly ran off the moment the paper plane hit the back of Jasons head. He did a confused look and looked behind him to see what hit him in the back of his head. Jason saw it was a paper plane, he opened it up as curiosity took over him to unfold it. He read the letter carefully and his eyes lit up when he saw it was written by Craig. Or that was what he believed.

Jason began blushing scarlet as his forearms shook. He looked at what time 'Craig' said to meet and saw it was in 15 minutes and he was only 5 minutes away from the horse girls meadow, so he made his hair look better and made some last minute 'fixes' and finally went. When Jason got there, there was no Craig just Big Red standing there. "You actually came..."Big Red pointed out almost bursting into laughter, "What are you talking about?"Jason said not wanting to say why he was actually there. "April fools, forest scout! There was no letter!"Big Red shouted in pure mockery, Jasons eyes shrunk. April fools day, how could he forget? Now he was standing there dumbfounded. "I actually got my hopes up for nothing, Craigs love letter was fake...How could I forget it was April fools..."Jason thought to himself, the millions of thoughts came at him all at once off guard.

The thought of Craig made Jason choke and almost tear up, "Crap you're crying...Ugh, this was just a joke get over it!"Big Red said irritated. Those words made Jason blink away the small tear and stretch his face into the fakest smile he could master. "Ha ha...I know it was a joke, I'm not that sensitive yeah Craig liking me? I-I'm being stupid...A fucking idiot...I really got my hopes up..."Jasons voice cracked that he actually let someone play with his feelings, "Okay...But glad you could take a joke!"Big Red said than ran off as Jasons false smile and repeated blinking to keep the tears away was increasing.

"Jason! We saw everything! Are you actually okay?!"Adele called out from behind Jason and running towards him with Boris and Tony. Thank fucking god... "No..."Jason finally got out through a cracked voice, his smile falling apart and tears ready to steam out. "He's crying..."Boris pointed out, "My house!"Adele called out getting out her house key as Boris picked up Jason. "We're handling this emotional emergency in private!"Adele said running.

"I fucking hate April fools..."Jason thought to himself staring up at Adele's living room ceiling. He groaned and grabbed the box of Oreos Adele left for him with a glass of milk. He used his teeth to get it open, he reached for one and dipped it in milk then let his teeth crunch into it. "Don't eat all of them, my parents will get mad if they see all of them gone in just a few days"Adele reminded as Jason reached for another one. "I won't..."Jason replied dipping his second Oreo in the milk. "Sir, you actually like Craig?"Tony said as Jason was drinking some of the milk. "Ugh! Yes, I do I know I was stupid for getting my hopes up goddammit!"Jason said putting the glass down in sorrow.

"How does Jason know Craig doesn't like him?"Boris asked as Jason laid back. "That's the thing Boris, Jason assumes Craig doesn't like him because Big Red had to think she was funny by playing around with Jasons feelings so now he's lost hope in everything"Tony stated "So he's just going to let that big bitch make him think his crush doesn't like him? Jason shouldn't assume that!"Adele said.

"You...Have a point..."Tony mumbled remembering something he saw happen a few days ago.

He remembered he was walking through the creek and he was walking by Craig, Craig was drawing in some notebook with a pen, he didn't care and just wanted to get to the trading tree. But, as Tony walked he saw that there was a whole page with simple doodles of Jason and for the most detailed one Craig wrote down 'Cute' next to it. "Craig thinks Jason is cute?"Tony thought to himself, the moment hadn't crossed his mind until this day.

Tony blinked realising that Adele might be actually right, "Hey Jason me, Boris and Tony have some good news. Boris why don't you say it"Adele said, "Boris, Tony and Adele matchmake Craig and Jason"Boris said "Wait what?"Jason asked getting up slightly. "Yep! But not today because he'll think it's an April fools joke but we'll still try to"Adele said, "I'm listening...".

Time skip

During those few weeks, Adele, Boris and Tony have been trying to give Jason the confidence to actually ask out Craig and today was day he actually felt ready. "H-hey, guys I'm ready to ask out Craig..."Jason said to his friends, they went silence until Adele stepped towards Jason and put her hand on Jasons shoulder, "Good luck my friend...If you need us we'll be helping Boris complete his to-do list"Adele said then Boris flipped a piece of paper over to the side with his to-do written on it. "Good luck, sir"Tony commented.

Then, the three walked off leaving Jason by himself for now. Jason turned around to Craig, he was by the trees with the blowing leaves stilly standing there not knowing Jason was just walking towards him. Just when Jason was close enough to Craig, he had already turned around. "Oh hey, Jason"Craig causally said after turning to face Jason, Jason swallowed almost struggling to talk even though he was motivated enough. "Craig...W-Will you go out with me?"Jason finally got out. Craig stayed silence for not too long but spoke his answer "Jason, why would I say no? I like you as well" 'I finally said something...'Jason thought to himself in glee he hadn't felt in awhile. "Yeah...And also, Boris and Adele told me about what Big Red did...Hey, don't listen to her that wasn't a good joke or a joke in general but that's behind us, so about that date?"Craig asked.

Jasons mind went back to the date he asked Craig out to, "Well I heard this good park near the creek we could head to or a bakery..."Jason said his face looking like a strawberry. "How about we go to the bakery then we could take a walk in the park, how does that sound?"Craig recommended. "Sounds good-"Jason said but his sentence was cut short when Craig started holding his hand, but Jason didn't wanna look surprised.

"Great! How about we head there"Craig said in motavation and both him and Jason started their walk to the bakery.

——

Hey, instead of a joke for April fools today I made Craigson. Just have a bonus scene. (Got the idea when I was talking to Lunaticwithpigtails on the COTC amino)

Adele stared at Big Red from afar, two hours after what Big Red did to Jason Adele didn't really see Big Red the same. So, a taste of her own medicine was what Adele believed she deserved.

Adele pulled a dollar bill out her pocket and tied a string on it. She then held tightly onto the string and let the wind blow towards Big Red, she turned around and saw the dollar bill as Adele stayed in hiding. Big Reds eyes lit up in glee seeing the dollar bill, she thought today was her lucky day but when she tried to pick up the dollar bill Adele was quick enough to make it look like the wind blew it. Big Red did a confused look and continued to try and grab the dollar but Adele quickly pulled it away and this repeated until Adele accidentally pulled Big Red into the creek stream however Adele tried to convince herself that's what she wanted. Big Red groaned seeing herself all wet in the creek stream and Adele pulled her dollar bill back in her wallet. "April fools, jerk"Adele glared looking down at Big Red in the creek stream, "What?! There was no money?!"Big Red shouted in disappointment, Adele rolled her eyes and walked away she believed she didn't need to give Big Red anymore of her time. She got her pay back and that was what she wanted.