Nobody tells me I need a rich man Part 2

2/21/22

A week passed after reuniting with Xavier again for Maya. She just wished her parents listened, and so did Xaviers.

So today, Xavier got out of his room and walked to his parents. "H-hey...Mom and dad can we talk?"Xavier said rubbing his arm nervously, Xavier ended up seeing that Maya was too scared to say anything to her parents and if you wanted to get a job done you had to do it yourself. "Yea, Xavier?"Xaviers mother said, turning around to face her son and Xaviers father did the same. "Look, I'm gonna be honest, I don't wanna marry Maya. We're better off not married to each other"Xavier said not feeling any regret.

Xaviers parents eyes widened and Xaviers father was the one to speak. "Xavier, you are speaking nonsense. We agreed to this marriage because we care about you. Maya seems like a sweet girl. She'll care for you and you'll care for her. We are a wealthy and successful family and you will be with people like us"Xaviers father spoke, "But!-"Xavier tried to shout in protest but Xaviers mother walked towards him and put her palm over Xaviers mouth.

"Hush! Our decision is final, we already have a perfect life for you and you are not throwing it away"Xaviers mother glared her blue eyes sinking in Xaviers eyes. She then took her hand from over his mouth and Xavier lowered his head. "And by the way, pick out something nice to wear for dinner. The Enyas will be here and we have something special for you"Xaviers father said. "Like what?"Xavier asked in slight anger that his parents wouldn't listen, "You are going to finally propose to Maya, and the two of you will get married on your 17th birthday"Xaviers mother said then reached for a small red box.

Xaviers mother then opened the box and revealed a nice looking ring inside. "This'll be the ring you propose to her with. The Enyas don't know and you'll get to propose, isn't it amazing?"Xaviers mother said. But Xavier wasn't having it, "I am not doing that!-"Xavier tried to protest, but Xaviers mother did an angry look and put the box down to again put her palm over Xaviers mouth. She grabbed onto his shoulder and walked him back to his room. "You will stay in your room until you stop talking nonsense, we are trying to give you a good life but yet you act so ungrateful. We do this cause we love you, now start acting like you love us"Xaviers mother scolded with her grip on Xaviers shoulder becoming more and more hard and her hand was still silencing her son.

For Maya on the other hand, she just kept to herself in her bedroom chatting with Omar. Until today her father knocked on the door. "Come in...''Maya sighed, Maya's father opened the door and walked inside Maya's bedroom. "Maya, chose something nice to wear. We'll be having dinner at Xaviers house. You have four hours to get ready"Maya's father said then walked out her room. Maya groaned and sighed, she just hoped that Xavier's parents cooking wasn't awful. She had forgotten how Xavier's parents cooking tasted like so she didn't know if she should be worried.

Time Skip

Maya slipped some sherbet colored pump heels on while sitting on her bed. Her stomach grumbled, perfect timing since she had to be at dinner with Xaviers family in a few minutes. Just when Maya was looking at herself in the mirror, her door opened, it was her mother. "Oh my little darling you look wonderful...I've always dreamt of this moment, you marrying the perfect man, you becoming the perfect wife giving your children the perfect life..."Maya's mother smiled with her hands on her daughter's shoulders and resting her cheek on Maya's head, those words made Maya really uncomfortable and she wasn't scared to show it.

Sadly Maya's mother didn't pick up on Maya's expression. "I knew that outfit I picked out with you was gonna look great on you, and to complete your outfit I thought I'd bring you these"Maya's mother said then reached into her pocket in her slit dress and pulled out a shiny Pearl necklace. She put the pearls around Maya's neck like a necklace as they shined. "I wore these when your father proposed to me and the day of my wedding. I thought these would bring a little luck to your marriage"Maya's mother smiled.