Heartless Au Part 3

2/13/22

This'll be based off of the Steven Universe episode, a single pale rose.

The two boys ended up heading to Jasons house after Jasons little breakdown at the creek, Craig looked at the hung up pictures and photos on the shelves. The photos were people that Craig assumed were his parents. But his parents didn't have any of Jasons features maybe Jason just lived alone and those were other family members. But as Craig looked around more he saw some pictures of Jason when he was younger and he still had his real look instead of hiding it but the more photos he found in the pictures Jason hid how he really looked and started to look more human in the pictures.

"Hey, Jason who's those people in the pictures"Craig asked as Jason turned on a light, "Oh, those are my parents"Jason confirmed. Craig looked at Jason then the pictures of his parents, "I'm adopted..."Jason said seeing Craigs confusion. "Oh...".

After, both Craig and Jason headed over to the couch, before Jason sat down he adjusted a photo sitting on the side table. "So what has been going on? You said you wanted to stop lying about something..."Craig spoke up hoping to stir back up the conversation, "Oh that...Look Craig, when I said I was done lying, I meant about who I actually am, look I'm not really human or at least completely. It's complicated..."Jason said, he didn't know why he felt so odd talking about it but he just did anyways despite he wasn't used to it. "I'm listening..."Craig said.

Jason took a deep breath and said what he needed to say, "I used to live on this stupid place in space called Homeworld in what was called a human zoo...Where they kept all the humans and my dad ended up being the unlucky few to be put in there. And my mom was a spinel her purpose was to make people laugh and to be their playmate, but...She was nothing like that and well, in Homeworld if you're not made to be who you're meant to be you're done for...So, my mom needed a place to actually hide and to well not die and that was where she met my dad, one thing turned into another and they fell in love and had me but gem and humans don't mix well with that stuff and my mom was left dead while I took all that was left of her..."Jason sighed then lowered the collar of his shirt to reveal his shiny gem on his chest. At first Craig didn't believe it, he wasn't used to being in the presence of some half human person and he definitely couldn't believe that was how Jason came to be. "Yeah...When I came to earth I ended up thinking that how I naturally looked was wrong and that I felt the need to hide and to be the perfect son to my adoptive parents or else they wouldn't really want me anymore and just straight up leave me...But I guess trying to be the goody two shoes sir perfect wasn't doing anything for me...I'm sorry for being a pain, Craig"Jason sighed turning his head to Craig at the last bit. Craig sighed turning to Jason, "Jason, you're not perfect and I doubt your adoptive parents will leave you if you're not mister flawless, you're a person not a machine and you shouldn't expert to work like one. Your real self isn't something to view as wrong or terrible, you should accept both your mom's side and your dads side in you it's not going anywhere so why try to hide it constantly"Assured Craig placing a hand on Jasons shoulder, Jason stared blankly at Craigs words.

Accept both his dads side and mother's side in him? No one really told him that, now that he thought of it did his adoptive father and mother secretly dislike the fact he was trying to mold himself into what he thought others wanted? Maybe faking and lying caught up to him for a reason, so he could stop it. "*Sighs* You're right, what will my actual mom think of me now...? She'll probably regret even dying so I could live and passing her gem to me..."Jason sighed, "Hey, we all make mistakes...If she was still here I'm sure she'll be happy to see you change yourself in a better way..."Craig said with his hands on Jasons shoulders trying to calm him down and so he doesn't end up turning that glowing pastel color from when he was at the creek.