Jason's flower (Craigson)

4/22/22

On April fools day at school I found a flower and picked it. After it died I got an idea to write this, some of this are my own memories of what happened and some is creative writing of mine.

Craig and Jason sat together on the wet grass at the creek, a rainstorm happened yesterday and no one was able to play at the creek. But, the next day Jason and Craig decided to just relax with each other until their friends came back after needing to leave for a second. They've been dating for three days and they were already adjusting to the concept of them finally being with each other.

Jason looked over at Craig and saw he was holding something behind his back. Before Jason could ask his new boyfriend what was behind his back Craig got what the item was from behind him. It turned out to be a flower, it was a Little John callistemon but neither of them knew that. "Since we're dating now I thought it would be nice to give you a flower, I know it's not a rhododendron how you like but I thought you'd like it"Craig said handing Jason the flower. Jason's lips curved upwards to make a smile as he admired the gift. "Thanks, Craig I love it as much as you".

Time skip

It wasn't a long time before Craig and Jason's other friends came, Tony noticed the flower Jason was still admiring. "Who's that flower for?"Tony asked cluelessly as the friend group he's in walked. "No one"Jason lied twisting the flower between his index and middle finger, he wasn't ready to tell Boris and Tony he's in a relationship with Craig so he told a white lie about him finding the flower thinking it was pretty and picked it. Tony seemed to have believed the lie and continued walking.

Soon, the dinner horn rang and Jason walked home. When he was done with his dinner, his father noticed Jason's flower. "Jason, what's that you have?"Jason's father asked, "I found a flower and picked it cause it was pretty"Jason lied. Just like before, Jason didn't feel ready to tell his parents he was in a relationship. At first, Jason's father thought what his son had was a weed but now he was thinking Jason killed a flower. "You held onto that flower all day?"Jason's mother asked. "Yeah".

"Mom, can I use one of your pots for my flower?"Jason asked "Sure, dear. But your flower might not last long, next time when you see something pretty outside leave it"Jason's mother said then went to go get a tiny pot filled with soil for a plant.

After that day Jason took care of the plant since it was the first flower Craig gave him, but days passed and the flower met its demise. Jason didn't have the heart to throw it away so Jason's dad threw it away for him while he was at the creek, but that was okay Jason didn't need a flower to show how much he loved Craig. Craig could just get him a new flower, and he'd love it more but never as much as Craig, the love of his life.

If you're curious about the flower I picked, here a picture of it: