Eliza

8/22/22
Song at the top is what inspired me to write this. Eliza is 17 in this, Jane and George are 16.

Jane looked at her cell phone screen, 8:58pm. She looked up and saw the streetlights were already on. She didn't spent that much time shopping did she? Oh well. She walked home holding onto the shopping bags hoping to get home quickly since she was alone and it was getting dark already.

As she walked, she saw a familiar pink haired girl trying to get her high heeled shoe on as she walked. Jane looked closer and saw gum on the bottom, ignoring her disgust she stared at Eliza's messed up lipstick and red dress. Jane knew what was up, Eliza had taken up acting when she was 13 or was it 14? Jane couldn't remember. Now she was 17 walking the streets so mean as eyes were on her as she walked anywhere. It wasn't a surprise when Jane or George saw Eliza on a magazine, on tv doing an interview, in some tv show or a movie.

Eliza had other stuff going on besides acting, she did dance, makeup, modelling and other stuff she seemed so much happier being able to do. But she was mostly in acting that was what she was known for.

Jane walked closer to Eliza and heard her let out a defeated sigh. "Eliza?"Jane approached when Eliza finally got her heel on with the gum under it. Eliza looked up and saw Jane, her cheeks faded a pink like her hair being caught not looking all ready and formal like usual. But Jane is her friend maybe she wouldn't judge her or say anything. "H-Hey..."Eliza swallowed cringing at the wet feeling at the bottom of her tights when she accidentally stepped in a puddle when she took off her high heel with the gum on it.

"I thought they were done filming..."Jane said staring at Eliza's lipstick that smudged to her chin. "Oh...There had to be some changes turns out they needed to redo a scene I was in and it took longer than we thought..."Eliza sighed. Jane looked at Eliza's heels then looked her in the eye. "Eliza, how long have you been walking?"Jane asked "I honestly lost track, all I know is that my feet hurt and my shoe is ruined by gum..."Eliza sighed "You think you'd wanna, I don't know...Take the bus home if you have to walk...?"Jane said not believing she would suggest that, she knew Eliza couldn't call her parents to pick her up and neither could Jane so the bus was all she could think of.

The bus should be here in a bit so now wasn't too late if Eliza really couldn't walk. When Jane saw Eliza go silent she lightly panicked and her face looked red. "Uh...S-sorry I was being stupid forget I-"Jane said but when she looked back at Eliza she saw that she was seated at the bus stop bench that was by them that Jane didn't even notice with her heels off and placed beside her. Eliza patted the spot next to her letting Jane know she can sit next to her. Jane silently sat next to Eliza not believing they were actually taking public transportation. Jane didn't want this moment to be awkward so she was the first to speak.

"S-so, Eliza how has acting been treating ya?". This question made Eliza's eyes go a little wide and she eyed Jane. Like that was a question she waited her life to be asked but now that it was actually being asked she didn't know what to do now, or cause she didn't know how to respond. Eliza silently clicked her tongue and her lips parted to talk. "Never thought anyone would ask me that...But uh...Not how they did when I was a younger teen..."Eliza pulled strands of her pink hair behind her ear, Eliza cleared her throat and started becoming more specific.

"When I was 15 I was auctioning for a movie as the lead role and when I was going to the bathroom I heard one of the producers talking to someone about me, turns out he thought I needed a nose job and needed to lose a few pounds but thought 'everything else was fine'. My dad blew up on him but my mom, she thought I should have just sucked it up and acted for the movie cause of the money I could have gotten out of it, thankfully I wasn't in it and they got another girl to play the lead role but it still hurt...".

Jane almost choked on her own salvia hearing what happened to Eliza when she was 15, why hadn't she told her and George about it? Did her mom make her not talk about it? "I've moved on from that incident and got to act in other movies and shows but now...I uh...Acting feels plain, I want to do the other stuff I'm into and interested in but acting is what people usually want from me, if you watch the few interviews I've been in you'd hear the most common question was if there were other stuff I'll be acting in or something else related to it"Eliza sighed.

Jane's shoulders lowers and she tugged on the ends of her purple skirt. Now she was becoming guilty of not catching up on anything being wrong, she just listened to Eliza's automatic lies about how she felt. She remembered Eliza's first movie she acted in, her red dress, lipstick and her laugh that sounded like god was all Jane could see.

"I want to take a break from acting, I've felt more unmotivated doing it and practicing my lines. It was all people wanted from me and the more I did it the less I felt like doing it. It was like school, you think you'll get used to it but the more you go through with it the less you feel like going and you already wanna graduate unless my comparison was dumber than I thought...Forget I said anything...Anyways, I'm feeling less motivated to act now, I want to do other things that bring me so much happiness that I could never be sick of but people think acting is all I do to the point I saw a few posts on my socials saying how they forget I do these other things and they thought I was only an actress...I don't know it's complicated"Eliza said then swallowed finishing talking. She lightly tapped her foot hoping for the bus to come and get tonight over with then started slightly swinging her other foot under the bench out of Jane's sight.

Jane felt a bad taste in her mouth when Eliza was done talking, she didn't know how to reply but she needed to figure out quickly before the bus came. She clicked her tongue and said something in hopes it was enough. "Have you talked to your parents about this? Have they been making you audition for the movies and shows you're in?".

"Only some, thankfully we're done filming the movie I just got back from filming for but my parents have been encouraging me to do it more and I've gotten the most money out of it. But I'm scared if I go on hiatus from acting they'll get mad at me"Eliza sighed. Jane put her hand around Eliza's wrist. "You should tell them...But if they don't listen me and George will help you, we promise besides this your carrer not your parents you're almost 18 anyways"Jane said. Eliza stared down at Jane's lilac painted nails then focused on Jane's touch.

"Thank you..."Eliza said her mouth no longer closed into a small frown and she was able to look Jane in the eye just when the bus came. Eliza put her heels on and both Jane and Eliza got on the bus to home.