Lie of a hopeless aromantic

5/21/23
My oc Adele will be here. This takes place when she is 10 Robby and my friend Liam on the COTC amino helped with the title.

Adele's car bumped over the rocky slope and downwards the hill, Kit bumped forward in her seat. "Ah! Adele these soda bottle are fragile I can't trade these with the soda spilling out!"Kit had scolded hugging the fizzy fun looking soda bottles to prevent them from cracking. Kit had come late to the creek and Craig was saying how everyone was waiting around with their candy, beaded bracelets or multi color ink pens and the line was almost taking over the creek. "Sorry I-"Adele hit the break quickly as her eyes saw a row of ducklings following their mother "Hey! Move it!".

Adele groaned at them the moment she was about to honk the horn but Kit grabbed her by the arm to stop her. "If you want me to leave you a good tip don't do anything that'll make Mama Duck mad"Kit glared and let go of Adele's arm when the ducks finished crossing. Adele got back to her driving not noticing the girl on the bigger dog glaring at her.

Eventually Adele parked next to Kit's cooler and Kit was bursting out the car, "And your payment"Kit sighed handing Adele a small jar of colorful beads different shapes and sizes and different letters, just like she wanted. "Thanks, Kit!"Adele waved then drove her car to where she knew Tony would be meeting her.

She parked her car next to the creek and got the strings and beads Kit had given her as a substitute for actual money. Adele dragged her knees to sit with her friend, "Look what Kit gave me as payment!" "Payment? I thought you just drove kids around you work with Kit?" "No, we were trading, she got a drive to the trading tree and I got beads to make jewelry"Adele smiled and unscrewed the lid that kept the beads from falling out.

Adele picked a few our the jar, "Look! These ones are like you!".

Tony knew his cheeks were red as he got closer to the beads that matched his scout uniform, he grabbed some beads. Adele puts the beads on the string until she got to a good spot to start on the cube letters. Then, an A, D, E, L, E later with a paintbrush charm at the end. Tony had gotten into painting recently, his paintings needed a lot of improvement but he just had to be patient. "Look Tony!"Adele got on her knees with the band aids on them and made her way towards Tony who was still working on his bracelet.

Tony put his attention up to Adele and saw the bracelet she finished. Just when Adele was moving her bracelet to her left hand to use her right hand to grab Tony's hand to move it closer to her, Jason and Boris made their way to where Tony and Adele were. Boris was gonna say something but Jason tugged him by his index finger and pointed to where they came from and they had walked off.

They had seen how Adele grabbed Tony's hand not knowing the context, how Tony stared up at her from the pull and how Tony almost hit his nose into her face.

She smiled and pulled the bracelet on Tony's left wrist, but she smiling brighter seeing it fit so nicely. "Does it fit okay?". Tony nodded.

"Oh that's good, I'll start on another one later, I'm gonna finished the last chapter of my book"Adele smiled then got her book from her bag and opened to the page she left off on. Tony continued to make his bracelet, but nearly jumped when Adele got right next to him to wrap her arm around his shoulders while reading.

It took Tony a bit to let the touch sink in, he looked at Adele with his light hazel eyes, the half of the left one being consumed by the warm brown color. He stared a bit at the girl who shared the heterochromia that made him wear the round sunglasses no matter the weather or day.

Tony let Adele's arm rest on his shoulders and he finished the bracelet and just like Adele, added a small lavender string tassle. "Friendship bracelets!"Adele cheered then put her book down to let Tony pull her arm in to put the braclet on. Tony grabbed at Adele's arm gently to bring it forward and put the bracelet with his name on it. The blacks and light pinks shined in the sun and a smile formed on her face.