Carter Brown X Female! Reader

Requested by:LunaHanahaki
3/2/22
Keys:
(Y/N):Your name
(L/N):Last name
(H/C):Hair color
Song at the top is what inspired the storyline.

Carter's POV:I gulped as I stared at the phone number of (Y/N) on my cell phone. A year ago (Y/N) had to move away to a new place but yesterday she moved back to Herkleston and we ran into each other at cardboard city. Sometimes I wonder if she missed me the way I missed her all those 365 days when she was in whatever state she moved to.

I want to call her and ask if she wanted to play video games and make things out of cardboard. But for some reason I was super nervous about it, I've been crushing hard on her for a awhile and I'm scared I'll be in the friend zone...Eventually I sucked it up and called (Y/N) on my cell phone. She picked up pretty quickly which didn't give me anytime to mentally plan what I was gonna say. "H-Hi, (Y/N), I'm home alone right now and I was thinking if you wanted to hang out..."I gulped scratching the back of my neck in nervousness. "Sure, I have some cardboard I wanna craft with and I'm sure you'll help me, buddy!"(Y/N) said in excitement, "S-see you soon..."I said almost gridding my teeth in cringe then hung up.

The way she still called me buddy made me cringe a bit since the friend zone was the last thing I wanted. I like (Y/N), a lot...But her calling me buddy wasn't a name I liked.

Time skip

2nd person

It had been awhile since you moved back to Herkleston. You met old friends and made a few new friends at the creek, especially Carter Brown. Honestly he was the friend you were most happy about seeing, but every time he was around there was a weird feeling in your heart that made you all flustered around him. But, ignoring it was the least you thought you could do. When you got to Carter's house you knocked on the door, he was the one that opened it for you. "Hello, m'lady"Carter joked as he stepped aside for you to enter, not knowing he was flirting. You began laughing paying no mind by what was said, it didn't make you uncomfortable or anything so you just walked in laughing. "Ha! Carter you always know how to make me laugh!"You said taking your shoes off and setting them by the door, "How did she not see I was flirting?"Carter thought to himself then shut the door behind him.

Carter's POV:Did that really fly over (Y/N)s head? Dang...My other attempts at flirting did the same so I gave up.

A month later

2nd person
After a month of being reunited with Carter, you heard the tea timers at the creek were hosting a ball. Of course you planned on going, you were already imagining how much fun you'll have. You already had a good formal outfit for the event and no one had seen you in it, so no money was going to be spent.

Carter's POV:A ball was being hosted by those tea timers, I wanted to go with someone important and (Y/N) was on my mind the whole time I just hope she says yes and my flirting doesn't go over her head like last time. I walk nervously to her, her nice (H/C) hair flew through the wind god she looked beautiful, she turned around to face me. I swallowed and walked closer "H-Hi (Y/N), listen there's something I really wanna ask you..."I said nervously. "What is it, Carter?"She asked not knowing what I was gonna say, but she looked cute not knowing.

"W-Will you go to the dance with me?"I got out, her face immediately changed into a happier look. "Sure! It'll be better with a friend anyways!"She said in pure happiness, despite me thinking how cute she sounded I hated what she called me. 'Friend', I want to be her boyfriend not a plain old friend...Then, I couldn't take it anymore, I shouted the words I longed to say. "(Y/N) (L/N), I'm in love with you!"I said, my face redder than a tomato. "I tried flirting but it kept going over your head! I just had a spit it out...".

2nd person

Then, it hit you like a million trucks. The feelings you were tucking away were feelings for Carter. "God I've been an idiot..."You thought to yourself. A silence grew between you guys, but it didn't last long due to you kissing Carter on the cheek then saying something. "Carter, I'm sorry for being stupid...I wish I knew that you liked me, and that I liked you..."You said almost laughing at yourself. This wasn't really a moment you would punch yourself in the face for, instead you found it humorous. "Yes I'll go to the dance with you. Not as a friend of course"You smiled with your teeth showing.

You two spend the last few minutes sitting together under a tree holding hands until the dinner horn rang. You made a mental note to not be so obvious, but nonetheless it was worth it.