Sugar-rush

11/7/21

I recommend reading Wish from my first COTC one-shots book if you have not.
----
November 6th, 7:26am.

Xaviers body laid still on his bed, his vision felt blurry when he first woke up but when he rubbed his eyes he was able to see a lot better. He then got up and saw candy wrappers around him and his bed.

Xavier remembered he was still in his plague doctor costume from Halloween. He looked around and tried to see if he could find out if it was November 1st, but he remembered he forgot to put up a calendar. So, Xavier sat up adjusted the shawl that covered his neck and chest and got out of bed to get his phone. At first he wobbled but put his gloved hand on the wall to steady himself. "What the hell happened last night that's making me stumble so much..."Xavier thought to himself while looking for his phone.

Until, Xavier finally found his phone and checked the date. "It's been a week since Halloween?!"Xavier said in surprise looking at the date on his phone. He wondered how he was 'asleep' for that long, he knew his parents were out of town and his siblings have been busy so he assumed they didn't even notice he was laying on his bed.

Xavier scratched his head trying to remember Halloween night. His memory flickered, and he could recall Halloween noon.

October 31, 1:45pm

Xavier pulled his plague doctor mask over his face and rolled up his gloves, his eyes met the clock again to check the time. A few months after he met Edna and got rid of that necklace that gave him those wishes. Luckily his sprained ankle healed after awhile and he could finally get his cast off, but that was only a few months away that took place in late June, now it was Halloween.

Once Xavier was ready, he was out the door and on his way to the same shop Edna owned. He knew she got busy around late September and early October mainly due to the spooky stuff she sold that could set anyone in the Halloween mood. Xavier opened the shop doors of Edna's store and noticed she was dressed in a witch costume, possibly a pun for the name she gave herself. "Oh hey, kid. I see you're here for those $10 an hour I promised"Edna said getting up from the front desk she was sitting on noticing Xavier had finally arrived.

"So what do I need to do?"Xavier asked pulling his gloves higher to his forearms. Edna got off the desk and gave Xavier a bowl full of candy later getting back on the front desk and crossed her legs. "Just hand out the candy to the customers for five hours, if you run out of candy just call me. Look, if you do a good job I'll take you to that trunk or treat thing at the mall how does that sound?"Edna asked.

Xavier was aware that Edna knew Xavier wanted to go to the trunk or treat at the mall, but his parents couldn't take him and his siblings would be at Halloween parties so Xavier couldn't go. So Edna was his only way of going, she was 16 so there was a chance she had a car, but if she didn't have one yet she could use her profit to buy them a taxi or any other transportation. "That sounds good"Xavier confirmed not even bothering to put up a fuss, the job seemed easy and no creek kids would recognise him because his mask will be down the whole time. "Good, now stand at the door, I see people coming now"Edna said then got her witch hat on and swapped where she sat to the front desk to her spiny chair behind the front desk.

Time Skip

Hours went by of Xavier standing at the door handing out candy to the many people that came in, luckily due to his plague doctor mask no one thought who he was for a second. His costume covered his body and showed no skin expect for his head so Xavier didn't worry when a kid from the creek came in the store and took a piece of candy.

Until finally, the shop had closed and everyone left. There was only one piece of candy left that Xavier put into his candy bag but Edna couldn't care less. "Hm, you did a good job"Edna said putting the money she made that noon into her wallet. "So...?"Xavier said in excitement knowing Edna's promise, "Trunk or treating! Now come on, we can get a bus or something"Edna confirmed then ran with Xavier out the shop before flipping the sign on the door from 'Open' to 'Closed' and to the Trunk or treating at the parking lot at the mall.

November 6, 7:29am

Xavier blinked a few times then remembered what happened that Halloween, he scratched his head to try and also remember if anything else went down after that Trunk or treat at the mall. Then, he remembered what else happened after that Trunk or treat event at the mall parking lot. Edna knew Xavier didn't get much candy he got at the Trunk or treat event so Edna decided to get him double the candy at the trick or treating taking place in the neighborhood so, Edna took him there.

October 31, 7:10pm

"You got some candy"Hazel commented seeing Xaviers candy bag only filled half way, "I did..."Xavier said looking in his candy bag, "Hey, kid I know you didn't get much, hell some hag gave you a tooth brush and I had to scold her to get you some real candy...Tell ya what, Trick or treating is still happening in the neighborhood why don't we go there?"Hazel offered, Xaviers eyes lit up and closed up his candy bag, "Yeah!"Xavier said eagerly. Hazel was just glad Xavier wasn't upset about only getting half candy, so the neighborhood Xavier lived at is where they went.

November 6, 7:30am

Xavier swallowed at the events that happened on Halloween, but he couldn't remember what else happened. All he could recall after Trick or treating was, Hazel checking his candy, getting home to see he was home alone and eating his candy but nothing else. Xavier felt confused why we couldn't remember what else happened when Xavier first ate his Halloween candy, so he decided to talk with Hazel about what happened. But first, he needed to slip into something more comfy. People would think he was stuck in the past if he walked out in his Halloween costume.

Once Xavier had swapped his clothes, he was out the door and was walking to Hazels shop. Xavier was finally at the shop Hazel owned and walked in. "Oh, I haven't seen you in a week...Probably cause of that sugar rush..."Hazel mumbled spinning in her spinny chair. "Wait what? I just came to ask if you know what happened when I was eating my Halloween candy..."Xavier said in disbelief.

"Oh yeah, I know. Well...You got a shit ton of candy, you looked so amazed seeing how much candy you got and since your parents weren't around you wanted to eat some of it. But you went overboard and ate too much candy, you were pretty hyper cause of all that sugar you consumed practically couldn't keep you under control. Luckily after what felt like years, you passed out cause of exhaustion and I left you alone thinking you'd wake up the next morning but you were out longer than I expected"Hazel explained with her ankle on the desk.

Xavier couldn't believe it, was he actually on a sugar for multiple days and passed out due to exhaustion from how hyper he was? "Oh..."Xavier said with his face red of embarrassment, "Eh, at least you didn't do anything stupid. You just jumped around for sometime"Hazel shrugged, "Do you know what my siblings did?"Xavier asked curiously.

"I said you ate too much candy and got tired"Hazel said truthfully, Xavier gulped hoping Cheyenne or Kenneth didn't tell mom and dad the amount of sugar he consumed, caused if they found out a dentist chair is where he'll be all day. "Hey, uh...You got a mirror?"Xavier gulped, "Yeah why?"Asked Hazel reaching into her bag for a compact mirror. "I ate a lot of candy that night, was passed out in my bedroom for like...I don't know long so I doubt I have been brushing"Xavier said with his arms crossed, Hazel snorted and playfully punched Xaviers shoulder. "Ha! Okay Mr.King of worrying"Hazel teased, "Well excuse me for not wanting fake teeth for the rest of my life...".