Elder Mark X Female! Reader

Requested by:ginkomrryme0
1/6/23

You sat next to Mark just when four kids you saw around the creek came under elder rock asking about an old friend, Kenneth. 10 years ago you would hang out with him along with Barry, David and Mark who was now your boyfriend, but one day an overpass was built separating you guys from Kenneth.

"Kenneth? I haven't heard that name in years...We were the best of friends, until they built that highway through the creek. That cursed overpass split not just the creek but our friendship as well"Mark explained holding a picture of you, Kenneth, Barry and David when you guys were kids before the overpast being built. The one with the blue purse asked why didn't anyone of you guys just contact him but the elders forgot to ask for his contact information and you didn't have a phone yet at the time.

"Actually, I have his number"David said, "What?"You and Mark said in unison "We found each other on Buddy book, we talk every once in awhile it's nice"David said getting out his phone and dialed Kenneth's number. You got up to get a chance to talk to Kenneth finally, "Why didn't you tell us before?!"Mark asked "I tried, but every time I try to talk you interu-"David tried saying but was cut off by Mark per usual"Shh! It's ringing!"Mark grabbed the phone from David and you got your face into the screen along with Barry and the other kid.

Eventually Kenneth answered the phone, he was surprised David wasn't the one he saw over the screen. "Hold up, is that Barry, (Y/N)?". "You know it is! What up dude?"Barry said "Kenneth! How have you been?!"You asked over the phone in excitement seeing your old friend after so many years. David eventually came in the shot and the three of you starting talking to him unaware of Mark far off in the corner and the kid with the purse trying to also talk to Kenneth. "Kenneth, you won't believe it but me and Mark are like this now!"You said then crossed your fingers over Barry and David's excited talking.

But it seemed like those kids really wanted to talk to Kenneth and the two ginger ones pushed you, Barry and David out the way. But while the one with the purse was talking to Kenneth Mark got up from his spot and grabbed the phone from the kid, "Kenny?"Mark said over the phone getting a look at his friend after 10 years. "Mark, man it's been awhile"Kenneth said over the phone seeing Mark picked up the phone "I see that you don't have your glasses anymore"Mark commented "Yeah I got that lazer surgery not too long ago" "Yeah, lazers are for robots I don't see any anime figures in your dorm room either" "Well, dorm rooms are really tiny-" "Where is your necklace?!" "Necklace...?"

"You know, our five way friendship necklace, the one we made together!"Mark said. "We still got ours"Barry reminded getting out his friendship necklace and you and David did the same. "I...I don't have it anymore..."Kenneth sighed over the phone. You put away your friendship necklace in surprise, you always thought Kenneth would have it and that necklace represented you guys friendship but Mark had a different approach. "You don't have it...We promised to keep them forever we were gonna wear them to the great beyond!"Mark gridded his teeth gripping his necklace in his fist. "I know but-" "You know what, you've changed, man"Mark cut off Kenneth "It's been 10 years, haven't you changed to?"Kenneth said as an attempt to calm down Mark, after some silence Mark glared at Kenneth "No" then hung up the phone on him. "Dude what was that we didn't get the address to the party!"Barry complained.

"Yeah! Mark I wanted to go too!"You got up from the ground after noticing you were on it for so long in anger at your boyfriend's bad reaction, "Did you see his room? Not a single piece of anime, I guess he's too busy going to parties with his new college friends...What a loser"Mark scoffed and you did an irritated look at him. "Mark, he just mentioned that dorm rooms are tiny! Besides he probably just doesn't want them to be lost, broken or stolen! I'm sure they're all safe and sound at his home!"You shouted still angry with Mark.