Sour (Craigson)

2/14/23
It's Valentine's Day, my aroace ass has to watch the cringy couples at school be even more cringy, my family will probably say how that'll be me one day, love is in the air so I have to cover my face. How can I spend this day? Oh yeah, I have a comfort ship. Based this off the animation I platonically fell in love with at the top.

13 years old, that was the age Craig had to let soak in his mind until he really felt like he was 13. The rose petals he sprinkled on the couch, the juice in the wine glasses he prayed no one would know he touched, that song he danced to with Jason when they first dated and the chocolates he and Jason would eat together. Yep, this looked romantic, right? Honestly he didn't know anymore, this was just what his parents did expect the juice was wine and Bernard does something similar to this minus the wine and plus stupid romance movies with Alexis.

Jesus, this was his and Jason's first Valentine's Day and Craig didn't know what to do with himself. At 13 Craig thought he'd know, but sadly he didn't know what to do for his own boyfriend. Then, the doorbell rang. Jason was here, Craig opened the door and looked Jason up and down, he felt underdressed compared to Jason but that didn't matter and he lead him to the living room. "Happy Valentine's day, Jason, may I start you off with a drink?"Craig opened the juice and started pouring it into the wine glasses his parents would kill him for using.

Jason started giggling and sighed, "Of course, I'll accept the drink". Craig poured himself a glass and Jason took one for himself, they clunk the glasses together. "Cheers to us..."Craig spoke "Cheers to us as well and my little surprise to you"Jason winked and put the juice to his lips, "It's sour...I thought you didn't like sour drinks cause they made you look grown up?"Jason commented fiddling with the skinny part of the wine glass as the juice dropped from his lips. "That was when I was like 10, who cares if it's sour I just care if you like it".

"I do like it, like how like you...Or how you like going to the creek and leaving behind all the shit you deal with at home". Craig didn't expect Jason to get poetic, guess that's why he got an A on that poem he helped Craig make for English. The two finished their drinks and suddenly Jason giggled to himself, Craig didn't even put a drop of alcohol in the juice yet he wondering if he accidentally got his boyfriend drunk for Valentine's Day. "Craig, you know that surprise I mentioned in our cheers?". Craig nodded.

"Well, mind if I show you?"Jason stepped forward and reached into his pocket to apply lemon lip balm and put his soft palms to Craig's face, dear god. At this moment Craig remembered something, no matter how much Craig always dreamt of doing it, Craig had never kissed Jason before. They had been dating for a year, it was feeling...Weird that this was the first time kissing him. But, since this was his first kiss Craig panicked, reached for a chocolate and popped it in Jason's mouth. Surprisingly, Jason didn't take offence to this and chewed and swallowed the mini chocolate. "Kiss me, Craigy and say I'm forgiven..."Jason spoke slowly but softly with a harsh breath that made Craig relax more.

Craig relaxed first his cheeks, his neck, his shoulders and every part of himself until he slowly blinked and made Jason's surprise come true. The kiss tasted like lemons, it tasted bitter for a second yet not a second of the kiss was bitter. Bitterness...That reminded him of Jason when he just a mini asshole who wanted his dads love. But that didn't matter now, with this kiss he was forgiven.

Bonus scene:

After so long of kissing, Jason's bones felt as if they were jello and he collapsed onto Craig and Craig fell on the couch. Surprisingly the two were covered with rose petals, "Hey Jason, can we just...Stay like this and eat chocolates?"Craig said staring at the ceiling, usually staring up at the ceiling was boring and made Craig long for fun yet with this context he didn't mind. "Of course...".

Craig smiled and reached for a chocolate, he chewed the chocolate and let Jason rest his cheek on his chest and his arms wrapped around his waist. After a few chocolates Craig wiped his hands from the chocolate and stoked Jason's blond hair. "This looks bad out of context"Bernard pointed to the empty wine glasses after walking in the living room, "I didn't put real wine in them! It was juice, sour juice, it was very grown up"Craig said with a huff. "Hey, Bernard"Jason lifted one arm up to wave at Bernard. Bernard sighed and took the empty wine glasses and started washing them. Craig was damn lucky that wasn't Duane or Nicole.