Porcupine (Craigson)

7/9/22

Jason's POV:I walked through the creek with Tony and Boris on our daily patrol, as I looked around I saw Craig walking with his friend group while talking. He was at the trading tree getting some snacks. I gotta be honest, I've developed some...Feelings for Craig recently, I don't know why but I just did! It's just...I'm scared, I'm scared he'll resent me for liking him, he'll tell the creek about it and I'll just be that one freak kid no one likes, I could drop dead, pass out and no one would care or notice, no panic, no 911 call, nothing. What am I saying? Craig is a nice kid, he's always giving a helping hand and gave me a chance when I dammed up the creek.

"Sir, when are you telling Craig you like him?"I heard Boris whisper to me out of the blue, wait was my crush on him that obvious? "And that's where I'm stuck...I'm totally terrified...What if he says something worse than no? How will I bounce back from that?!"I say, "Jason, permission to speak very freely?"Tony asked. I nod feeling slightly confused why he asked for permission "You're kinda being porcupine...", "but porcupines are cute, are you calling Jason cute?"Boris asked and I felt kinda flattered. "No, but also Jason don't take that as me calling you ugly, you are beautiful and anyone who says the opposite are the ugly ones and they wanna feel better. Anyways, I'm saying you shouldn't act like you're scared of everything, porcupines are sometimes protrayed as being scared of hurting people cause of their quills or at least that's what I've seen, point is, don't become a porcupine"Tony said.

Maybe Tony was being kinda right...Maybe I am being a cowardly porcupine with Craig, we do have that hang out in two days maybe I can use that to get a more comfortable feeling being with him.

Time skip

Craig's POV:Here on my bottem bunk bed were me and Jason sitting on it talking, for a week I've started crushing on him and I mean...A lot. I didn't expect it to happen, it just did. But I have no idea how to tell him, hmm. Maybe I can act like I'm crushing on someone to Jason and try to get Jason to give me advice, but I won't tell Jason it's him, yet.

"Hey Jason, I think I might be crushing on someone"I said, it caught Jason off guard and he looked like he was gonna choke.

Jason's POV:Did Craig just say what I thought he said? He really loves someone else, I felt tears slowly come from my eyes but I just blinked them away and pretended that I just had something in my eye. He doesn't see me the way I see him, this is too much for me. I glanced at my phone acting like I was checking the time. "Hey Craig, thanks for having me over but uh...I ordered a package and it just arrived at house, I gotta get it so no one takes it"I lied and started getting my stuff to leave.

"Oh, that's okay, bye Jason"Craig smiled waving bye to me, I walked out his room and ran out the door. I spent half the walk home crying in the dark...I tried wiping my face but knowing Craig desired someone else didn't help, my feelings were worthless now. As I walked, I saw a shop selling journals at a cheap price. I had enough money for everything and I have been wanting one...

I walk inside the surprisingly empty store, I just got a dark teal journal and tissues to wipe my tears. I paid for the stuff and got back to walking home also using the tissues I brought to wipe my tears before they dry on my face. When I got home, I just sat in my room writing away in my new journal about what happened. I feel like such an idiot...Tony was right I am a scared little porcupine.

The next day

Right now I'm at the creek and honestly, I'm a crying mess. Tony and Boris ended up asking how the sleepover went and I started crying remembering Craig kinda rejecting me. Now, Tony and Boris are starting to feel bad for making me cry, but it wasn't their fault and making them think it was their fault made me cry even more. Why am I such a porcupine? I hurt people in the past like a porcupine, I'm scared of almost everything like some cowardly and scared porcupine. "*Sighs* Look Tony, look Boris. I don't know what else to tell you...You're in the presence of a scared porcupine crying over a boy..."I sighed as I wiped my tears.

"Well at least you'll be my porcupine..."

I looked up and saw Craig standing there, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard Jason being in a not so good mood, is it fine if I have some alone time with him?"Craig asked. Tony and Boris turned to me to see if I wanted to talk to Craig, I consented to Craig talking to me in private and Tony and Boris left for us to talk. "So...About what I said at the sleepover..."Craig began, "Craig, I really wasn't trying to demonize you! I was just venting without thinking, I was really upset and I'm sorry if I made you feel upset!"I said.

"No no...I understand, Jason I didn't feel upset, look when I said I was crushing on someone my crush was you. Yes, you. Jason I was trying to get advice from you on how I confess so that I'd know your preferences and how to be less awkward when confessing to you but that just made you sad, I'm sorry for making you cry"Craig apologized. I felt my face heat up from feeling so stupid, Craig actually liked me instead...I reached for Craigs hand to hold it. "No no...It's okay, it was just a silly misunderstanding. Now, how about we forget about what happened with a nice couples walk in the creek?"I offered. Craig accepted the offer and we ended up taking a walk together holding hands the whole time.