1-800-COMFORT PLEASE (Bottled Blueberries)

9/5/22
Secret Keeper and George are 15 in this.

Secret Keeper clocked into work after school and got into his office, he plugged in his work phone and was ready for when that phone started ringing. Sophomore year and Ben was able to get a job at a venting hotline. A hotline open for anyone who had no one to vent to or get comfort from and they were left with the only choice of calling the number and getting comfort and advice from strangers.

Due to Secret Keeper already have experience with listening to peoples problems/secrets he thought he was right for the job. Now he had been working there as a job. As Ben was fiddling with his name tag that read 'Ben' in cursive the phone started ringing. "Finally"Ben thought then picked up the phone, "Hello"Ben spoke over the phone with the phone on his shoulder and up to his ear. "Hello- Wait, Secret Keeper, is that you on the phone?"George asked over the phone. Ben sat up in shock not expecting to hear his boyfriend over the phone, he expected to answer to some person who needed a self esteem boast, get advice for their relationship problems or just anything that someone would need comfort over.

"Oh, I forgot you *Clears throat* Worked for this hotline..."George said feeling embarrassed of his mistake, "It's okay George, you can still talk about your problems to me but I recommend just acting like you're just a regular caller, I don't want my boss to think I'm using my work phone to just chat with my boyfriend"Secret Keeper whispered. "Alright...". "So what do you need to get off your chest?"Ben asked seeing his boss was walking by his office thankfully not getting suspicious.

"Well, I need some advice and comfort...I need to know if I was wrong for doing this"George said over the phone, "Sir, don't worry I'll be able to give you a non sugar coded answer after this"Secret Keeper said typing on the computer. To him it was funny calling George 'Sir' pretending George was a stranger just to not get in trouble with his boss or give a tattletale coworker an excuse to talk, but he knew George is still his boyfriend and he'd still comfort him.

George cleared his throat and spoke, "Okay then...Well the semester for my school is coming to an end and I ended up getting a C+ in one of my classes, I didn't think it would upset me but it ended up making me feel not so good and I was doing a crappy job at convincing Eliza and Jane nothing was wrong. I've known them for years and guess I felt more comfortable telling them things, but I also have a school and family friend in three of my classes we'll call him...Jasmine tea for privacy reasons of course. Anyways, I ended up telling Eliza and Jane what happened but Jasmine tea walked in on what was happening and by then I was already tearing up and I...Strongly dislike crying in front of people I'm not that close too so it felt awkward having him there. He tried asking what happened and Eliza tried to tell him it was private but he insisted he wouldn't tell anyone, I had to verbally tell him it was private and he left...But earlier today my parents found out cause Eliza and Jane were over and they were talking about it, now my parents are saying I should've just let him help comfort me cause Jasmine tea's family and them are friends. They didn't say anything about Jasmine tea being upset about it but what they're saying to me implies it...So am I wrong and just apologize to Jasmine tea?".

Secret Keeper stopped typing on his work computer for a few seconds hearing what his boyfriend said. But he went back to typing and put the phone more on his shoulder, "Geor- I mean...Sir, you're not in the wrong. You're just closer to your friends than Jasmine tea and that's okay, him saying he won't tell anyone won't automatically mean it's okay for him to invite himself into that situation. I don't think Jasmine tea is a bad apple in this either, I'm sure he had good intentions and didn't wanna see a friend sad but he probably just needs to know you can't force someone to vent, I don't personally know Jasmine tea my answer is based off of the information you gave me but your parents are the ones in the wrong for guilt tripping you. Just cause they're friends with Jasmine tea's family doesn't mean you have to tell EVERYTHING to him, they can't force you to be closer to him and tell him all your business, for example if I had a stomach ache I don't have to tell someone just cause I know them that's my business. In conclusion, you're not in the wrong, neither is Jasmine tea"Ben said.

George smiled over the phone, his boyfriend really did always know what say. "Thank you for listening..."George sighed "You're welcome".

George ended up having to go and hung up the phone. Ben smiled and went on with his work day, the phone rang and he was ready for some comfort. "I love my job..."Secret Keeper smiled remembering his secret talk with George.