A kiss (Wildernessa X Beth the timekeeper)

12/14/22
Song at the top is what inspired the story. This is just a ship I found and I love it. This ship works so well, Wildernessa isn't fond of people and prefers animals so much more and Beth is a shy girl who's 'no good at playing with the other kids'. Introvert X Introvert trope? Yes.

Vanessa and Beth sat at Beth's tree top where she played her sousaphone for the creek kids to know when it was dinner time, Vanessa was the rare few to get a chance to get on top besides the stump kids. Beth wondered how she got with Wildernessa, the nature and animal loving girl of the creek but Vanessa just told her not to think so much of it. "You really got this view the whole time you'd stay up here,  huh?"Vanessa asked looking down at Cheesesticks who had to stay at the bottom cause of his size and Wildernessa didn't want to see Beth sad her tree platform got destroyed.

"I did, a lot of kids are surprised I never felt lonely up here, I never really did cause I was used to being alone but now I'm really never alone cause I have you now!"Beth said then checked her watch. It read 6:00pm and when she got up to get her sousaphone Vanessa was already passing it to her, she smiled at the kind gesture and played her instrument.

Wildernessa smiled and stretched her legs out on the tree platform, "Hey, I'm gonna head home now, I know we started to go hone a little later but my parents need to go somewhere after dinner so they need me to be home quick"Beth apologized carrying her sousaphone. "Hey hey, you're good. I can stay here for a little longer you can go home"Vanessa relaxed her girlfriend. "Okay! Love you!"Beth said before giving her girlfriend a kiss on the cheek goodbye then running home.

Now Wildernessa was alone with her thoughts and the animals, she laid on her back and heard a crow go 'koww' in the tree. She shut her eyes as the sun started setting.

Time skip

Wildernessa opened her eyes to a rainy atmosphere, she sat up and blinked the sleepiness out her eyes. She looked down and was thankful Cheesesticks was fine. How long had she been asleep? She gulped and stood up towards the edge to get down from the tree platform, she was lucky her parents were out of town today or else she would have been grounded for being late for dinner. But even if her parents weren't out of town being grounded would be the least of her problems, what Wildernessa expected was a night eating leftovers but when she was at the edge she heard thunder loudly from behind her.

A thunder storm chose the wrong time to happen, the noise of the thunder startled Vanessa and she fell from the tall tree platform. She had hoped Cheesesticks was below the tree top enough to catch her but he wasn't, he had fallen asleep awhile ago and didn't budge. The rain was last thing Vanessa tasted in her mouth when she fell from Beth's tree top in the thunder storm, she could recall it being the most painful death having her bones crushed and all air knocked out of her. Now all she had were regrets, regrets of loving Craig and regrets of what she didn't do with Beth when she was alive. Vanessa and her hadn't even had their first serious dance together, first date or first kiss. They thought they'd have so much time but now death has gone them part.

Two weeks later

Wildernessa sat on her coffin as she waited and waited for her funeral, never in her wildest dreams did she think she'd die at the age of 11 but now her body was in the coffin she was sitting on. The next morning after her death, she would never forget Beth's face when she saw Vanessa fallen to her death when just last night she was fine. She watched her family come to her funeral, she scanned the crowd for Beth and she felt so relieved when she found her clutching the flowers.

Vanessa hid in a bush as her funeral went on, Beth was the first to say something about Vanessa before they buried her. "Vanessa, I may have been your girlfriend for 10 months but those were the best 10 months in my life...I don't know how I'll continue going to the creek with you not there, goodbye..."Beth sighed then walked back to her seat. Vanessa wanted to jump from the bush and scream 'I love you' to Beth but she couldn't speak. She watched her family walk from their seats to her coffin. She almost cringed that her girlfriend and the stump kids were the only people she wasn't related to that came to her funeral. She sighed wondering if Cheesesticks could go on without her.

Time skip

Wildernessa mainly had her eyes on Beth, she was talking to the stump kids. Wildernessa was eager to get Beth alone so that she could talk to her for just a second, eventually Beth went into a corner alone and it was Vanessa's chance to talk to her, "Beth!"Vanessa fake whispered to Beth. Beth turned around and almost jumped out her shoes seeing the ghost of her girlfriend standing just in front of her, "Beth, when I was alive I thought I had so much time to do all the couples stuff but now I'm dead...Beth, I want you to stay here after my funeral everyone will be gone and it'll just be you and me"Vanessa promised biting her tongue in vain.

Beth nodded without hesitation, she just wanted to be with Vanessa.

Time skip

The funeral went by slower than a turtle, but it eventually ended. Beth sat down waiting for everyone to leave cause that meant Vanessa would come out, but as she sat the stump kids were just leaving when they noticed Beth sitting down. "Beth, are you coming?"Craig asked, Beth got startled thinking they'd let her be. Beth knew she couldn't tell the truth, they'd think the loss made her crazy if she told the stump kids she was waiting for Vanessa even though she was at her funeral. "Oh...I decided to just stay back you can go without me, hey I might not be at the creek for the day so is it fine if one of you guys cover for me?"Beth requested.

"Sure! Take as much time as you need to grieve, don't worry we'll cover for you hopefully we do a better job than last time..."Kelsey sighed with a hand on Beth's shoulder then walked to the creek. Beth sighed in relief they left her alone, she had just lost her girlfriend so they were understanding.

Beth looked around for Wildernessa and she came out since the coast was clear, "Vanessa!"Beth jumped in joy landing on her feet in front of Vanessa. She smiled at her cheerfulness seeing her even though it was just her ghost, "Beth, we're gonna do all the stuff we didn't get to before I died...I'm so sorry I waited I was so stupid, but I'm gonna make it up to you. Get out your phone and list all the couples stuff we didn't get to do, okay?"Vanessa said. Beth nodded.

She got her phone from her black mini purse and made a list of the things they didn't get to do, such as, go on a date, kiss each other on the lips or their first serious dance. Usually they would just do silly dances they saw on the internet they weren't even close to serious, but now Beth was gonna have her first dance with a ghost. Beth took Vanessa's hand trying not to make hers go through Wildernessa's, she almost jumped at the cold feeling in her palm but ignored it.

As they danced together, Wildernessa noticed the tear in Beth's eye she couldn't wipe off herself. So now Beth was here with her dead girlfriend dancing with tears in her eyes.

Time skip

When the dance was done Beth wiped off her tears and looked at Wildernessa, "What's next?". "I wanna kiss those beautiful lips of yours then I can take you out on that date. Hey, don't cry, how about this, I stay with you as a ghost but eventually you'll need to let go on me"Wildernessa said. Beth didn't want to let her girlfriend go, but she knew that eventually she'll need to rest and move on to find a new partner. "Just kiss me, darling! Kiss me how you never got to!"Beth yelled in desperation and emotion. Wildernessa saw the sadness in her girlfriends eyes and didn't waste a second kissing her and not letting go.

Time skip

The final thing to do, the date. Vanessa and Beth agreed on going to the carnival for their date but Vanessa had to take the possession of Beth's black necklace, Beth wished she could hold Vanessa's hand as she walked by all the games. "What's with the long face?"Vanessa spoke almost making Beth jump, she wasn't so surprised Vanessa could telepathically talk to her cause she had possessed something Beth was wearing. "I just uh...Wish you could be alive to actually experience this..."Beth thought in her head she was lucky Vanessa could hear her. "I'm sorry for dying...I was an idiot for falling asleep at your tree platform and letting the thunder scare me..."Vanessa sighed.

"You're not stupid, you made one mistake and I still love you okay? Let's enjoy this"Beth thought and went over to the Mary go round.

Time skip

Beth got in her pajamas and put her necklace on her nightstand, after a long day Beth just wanted to lay down and sleep. "ahem"Vanessa said raising the back of her hand towards Beth for her to kiss it. Beth smiled at Vanessa's hand reaching out the necklace so she could kiss it. Beth leaned forward and kissed the back of Wildernessa's hand good night.