Strange girl (Paloma X Keun Sup)

1/17/23
Song at the top is what inspired the story.

Keun Sup's POV:A lot of the creek kids say she's weird, strange or both but I love her the same. Paloma was on the king's side for such a short time before the capture the flag war so she never got a real chance to know every kid on this side, but I finally know I'm falling in love with her.

Rumours say she's an alien or a witch, even comes from another world. Maybe that is true cause when I first saw her it was like a spell was on me, that day when we were on the monkey bars, she slipped and was about to crack her head open but I caught her by her ankles and turned her upside down. Seeing her look up at me knowing her life flashed before her eyes, I knew I'd fall in love with her. So what if she's from another world? I'd still wanna relive that moment when I turned her upside down, saving her and the other kids from witnessing what the human brain looks like spattered all over the concrete.

Wonder If I could have been able to tell her mom and step mom why their daughter isn't home for dinner...But that isn't the point, I need to find a way to make my feelings obvious. So today, I set out to find her right on New Year's Eve at the creek. I saw her, hiding behind a bush blending in the background like she always did ever since she jinxed all those kids cause no one unjinxed her. I accidentally sneak up on her when I join her in the background, usually I'm standing out in a way so it feels weird just being in the background guess that's what being a champion will do to you.

"Keun Sup?"She asked looking down at me seeing I've found her. "P-Paloma...I know all the creek kids say you're...Strange but strange or not do you want to go on a date with me and be my girlfriend?"I ask.

After I ask her that, she blushes and mumbled something in...I think Portuguese? I assumed it was cause she's Brazilian and I overheard creek kids saying they hear her mumbling things in Portuguese. (Dunno if Paloma being Brazilian is canon it's just something I think). "Sure, Keun Sup..."I hear her agree.

Time skip

"Alien, huh?"Paloma joked as we walked together through the park, she's aware of what the creek kids think of her. Honestly I can't help but feel bad for her, and her neck cause she has to keep looking down at me cause she's so tall and I'm so short. "I swear I never though anything bad of you-"I tried to explain but she shushed me and pointed to the sun setting, she dragged me to the middle of the park and she put my hands around her waist and she put her hands on my shoulders. I was quick to know what she wanted me to do and I put my feet right, to left, to front, to back until I could spin her round and around, exactly how I dreamt of doing to her.