Point of view (Jason + Angel)

9/15/22
Jason and Angel are 14 in this. Mashup at the top is the inspiration to write this.

Angel pulled themself a seat and sat down across from Tony outside a cafe waiting for their drinks. "So he rejected you?"Tony asked referring to the text messages they exchanged "Yeah, turned out he has been with Craig for a bit". "Sorry I forgot to tell ya..."Tony mumbled. "No no, no need to apologize. Ugh, what did Craig have that I don't? Honestly sometimes I wish I could just ask Wren to invent something that lets me see in Jason's point of view so I know why he went for Craig and not me, wish I could just borrow the dude's eyes"Angel slouched in their chair.

Tony cringed slightly at his friend's words, "they don't know what Jason sees everyday..."Tony swallowed. After all, they should be careful of what they wish for. Because their parents might start ignoring them like Jason's. "Should I have not said I wanted to borrow his eyes? I was only joking"Angel said noticing the discomfort in their friend's eyes. "Oh, no I know you're joking just don't say anything like that around Jason..."Tony said. "Of course I won't"Angel shrugged just as their drinks starting coming.

One week later

Angel was doing a good job at pretending that conversation between them and Tony never happened. Until, Angel has a bad day at school and Jason is the one walking home with them. "Ugh, I can't believe how lucky you are! You're apart of the student council you're excused from being 5 minutes late for class and I get scolded for being late by 1 minute! You're so lucky, Jason. Your parents are probably so proud of you"Angel said without thinking not knowing how Jason would feel.

"You don't know what you're talking about..."Jason muttered angrily staring at the badge the school gave him when he joined student council. "What do you mean?"Angel asked turning to Jason, Jason gave no reply and continued walking with his arms crossed. "C'mon, Jason what did I do?"Angel asked in slight frustration seeing Jason was upset now "I don't want you to say anything stupid like that again!"Jason snapped sounding more upset still walking "Stupid? I just said your parents must be proud of you, why are you so mad about that?"Angel asked now trying to catch up with Jason who didn't realize was walking faster than attended.

"I'm mad cause I know what you said will never be true!"Jason snapped now slowing down so Angel could catch up. "Never be true? Jason, you're student council what do you mean? I always thought you were all lucky, since you're dating Craig and preferred him...". "*Inhale* You know what, how about we tell each other about our weekends, I'll go first, my dad again chose work over me and AGAIN used me to brag to his coworkers, my stepmom likes her freaking chihuahuas more than me so take's my ordinary life how bout you since you got so curious?"Jason said now walking backwards in front of Angel.

Angel stayed silent as Jason was now walking beside them. The walk became awkward and quiet. "I'm sorry..."Angel muttered to get rid of the awkwardness they think they caused. Jason takes a deep breath. "No...I'm sorry for getting mad, you didn't know but I don't want you saying stuff like that...Maybe I'm just jealous, my boyfriend's family treats me better than my own...".

Eventually, Jason gets to his house and just when he's gonna walk towards the door to unlock it. Angel holds onto Jason's wrist which causes him to turn around to Angel, "If you ever wanna talk or get away from your parents, I-I'm here...I'm sorry your, point of view is so bad but it'll get better!"Angel said letting go of Jason at the last bit. Jason smiles and nods, "I will, thank you". With that Jason walks into his house, leaving Angel there. Shortly they walk to their house, Angel accepted the fact Jason just didn't like them back. It sucked, a lot but they'd find someone new. More than anything in the world they wanted Jason to be happy and even though he wasn't happy with the people he lived with he could find his own happiness with Craig, Craig's family, his friends and them.

Fucking sorry I haven't updated, I got sick and I had writers block so that kicked me in the ass. But I'm back and writing.