Chapter Thirty Four

1 week later, Jess

I woke for the 3rd time tonight and looked at my alarm clock, 5:46. URGH! A few months ago me and Jaden broke up, and I've had some really bad nightmares that he's killed me, raped me and beaten me. I'm starting to get really scared of him now. I know he's not the type of guy to do that but i'm still really scared.

I figured that I wont be going back to sleep tonight and I began to head downstairs. My head was pounding and I went into the kitchen to get some painkillers. I walked in and found Jaden sitting at the island with his head in his hands. I frooze with fear. I turned around and headed back up the stairs. I knew Jason had painkillers in his bathroom so I could just sneak in right? I pushed the door open trying to be as quiet as I can. I looked and Jason had Jen in a tight grip. He still doesnt want a baby, but he's very protective over her. I crept past their bed being as quiet as I could and headed for their bathroom.

"Jess what are you doing!?" Jason whisper yelled shooting his head towards me.

"I need painkillers."

"There's some in the kitchen." He said looking at me as if I was stupid.

"Jaden's in there." I said looking down.

"Sit." Jason said and moved over a bit so I could sit on the bed.

"Look, I know you and Jaden havent been speaking and stuff since the breakup but that doesnt mean you cant be in a room with him." He said rubbing my back in a soothing way. I suppose now is the time to tell him.

"Jase, i've been having nightmares that he's raped, beaten and hurt me. But the worst one I had was a few weeks ago where he actually murdered me. I'm scared." I said with a tear running down my face.

"Jess he wouldn't do that to you. You know that. Yes you're going through a rough patch but he still loves you, I know it." Maybe he's right. Maybe I should just apologize to him and get it over with. I nodded and headed out the door and back down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and Jaden was still there. I started to shake. He sniffled, was he crying?

"J-Jaden?" I stuttered.

"What?!" He said back angrily. I flinched and just ran back upstairs, running into Jason on the way back into my room.

"Jess?" He said coming after me. I tried to quickly shut my door but he got his foot in. He pushed open the door and walked in.

"Jess what's wrong?" He asked.

"Jaden, I tried to talk to him but he just sounded so angry and, I....I just got scared."

"I'll talk to him." Jason said getting up and walking out.

Jaden

"J-Jaden?" I heard someone stutter, Jess.

"What!?" I said, that came out a little bit harsh. I heard her feet running up the stairs and when I looked she was gone. I sighed. Minutes later  Jason came down, not like him to be up before 8am.

"Jaden you need to give her a chance." I knew he was talking about Jessica.

"Jason, she was a complete bitch! That's why we broke up."

"Look man, Jess told me just before that she didnt want to come into the kitchen to get painkillers because she saw you in here and she was scared of you, so she came up to mine and Jen's room. Doesn't that tell you something?" The anger in his tone was obvious.

"Well I havent done anything to make her scared of me." I stated simply.

"Shes been having nightmares about you killing her Jaden." I would never ever touch her!

"She's petrified. She wakes up everynight, so no wonder she looks tired 24/7. Jaden your like a brother to me man but Jess is the sister I never had. I think you need to sort this shit out, so you're going to speak to her."

"Who do you think you are, Cupid?!" I spat back at him. I've never spoke to him that way before and I regretted it as soon as I did. I saw his eyes turn a dark, almost black colour. They only go like that when he's mad.

"You wanna repeat that?!" He shouted. I shook my head and walked up the stairs. If a couple is going to get back together they have to do it by themselves, not with people interfering.

Jason

Jaden has never talked to me like that and if he does it again he will damn well know about it! I'm trying to help them even although and he never did anything for me and Jen when we broke up. When I got back into our room, I saw Jennifer sleeping soundly. I smiled and laid back down. I closed my eyes but soon after I heard shouting and the sound of someone slapping someone else.

When is the drama going to stop?