Chapter Thirty Six

1 month later, Jennifer

I shot up out of bed with extremely bad pains in my stomach. Seriously this was probably the worst pain ever.

"Jason." I said trying to hit him on the shoulder. But the only thing I hit was the bed. He's always gone every morning. For the past month he's never been here. He's usually out all day and doesnt come back until about 11pm, sometimes later, and its bugging the hell out of me now.

"Jess!" I shouted. I looked down and saw blood all over the sheets and I automatically knew something bad was happening.

"What's wrong!?" She said coming into the room.

"I dont know, where's Jason!?" She had a look as if she didnt know what to say.  "And no excuses this time im sick of hearing them!" That's a common thing for them to do now. They'll make up random excuses on the spot. 

"He's at work! Now c'mon!" She said shouting for Mason. Seconds later the door burst open. 

"Oh shit!" He said after he saw me. The pain was getting close to unbearable. Then my eyes finally decided to shut.

—-

I woke up and heard an annoying beeping sound coming from next to me. I opened my eyes and saw a heart moniter before I was tackled with a hug from Jess.

"Jen im so glad your okay."

"What happened?" I groaned sitting up.

"I'm so sorry Miss Lawrence, but you've had a miscarrige." A nurse said walking into the room. A miscarrige?

"M-Miscarrage?" I stuttered. The nurse nodded.

"I'm sorry for your loss." She said before walking over to me and running a few tests. Tears slipped out of my eyes. One after another after another. I was starting to look forward to having a baby, even although Jason wasn't. As soon as she walked out of the room Jason walked in.

"Where were you?" Was all I asked him. I could see the guilt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I was at work and-"

"Work!? What type of work means you go away at about 5 in the morning and dont come back until like 11!?" I shouted at him in a way I never thought I would.

"Look im sorry, it's stuff to do with the gang. What's happened?" I looked at Jess for support.

"She's had a miscarrage Jason." Jess said. He sat there with no emotion on his face, like he didnt care.

"A miscarrige? How?" He asked.

"Probably stress." I snapped back.

"Guys can I speak to her in private for a minute." Jason said to Jess and Mason. They both nodded and walked out the room. Jason turned and looked at me.

"Look Jennifer, i'm sorry I couldnt be there, but I had to do some jobs-"

"Jobs huh? Your 'job' is the only one i've heard of where you work for 18 hours!" I snapped.

"Look I was trying to protect you and the baby. Did you know that the gang I killed were trying to kill you!?" He shouted.

"N-no." I whispered looking down.

"Yeah exactly!" He shouted before walking out of the room. I let a tear slip from my eye, before they started pouring out uncontrolably. I felt a hand rub my back in a soothing way and I looked up and saw Mason.

"It's gonna be alright." He said.

God, how much I hope he's right.