Chapter Forty Five

Jennifer

"Jennifer I'm trying to help but you just push me off!" Jason screamed at me. I rolled my eyes, scoffing sarcastically.

"Jason I don't push you off!" I shouted, heading upstairs in an attempt to stop Alex from crying. I opened his door and picked him up, rocking him gently and soothingly. "It's okay baby." I whispered to him. He calmed down and I gently placed him back down in his cot. I sat next to him on the chair for about an hour, and he still wouldn't go back to sleep. He just sat there, looking at me. A while later, his eyes shut and he was finally asleep.

---

Alex was playing with his toys on the floor when Jason came in.

"Hey Jen." He said.

"Hey." I replied back, not once taking my eyes off Alex.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I shrugged.

"You're not though. We'll argue again tonight or tomorrow." I stated truthfully.

"Well I'm going to try and help Jennifer. But sometimes you don't let me." He said. I just shook my head and walked into the kitchen. Opening the fridge door, I grabbed a bottle of water and gulped it down.

"Hey." I heard Jess from beside me.

"Hey." I grumbled.

"Why so grumpy?"

"Jason." I said putting my head in my hands.

"What's happened?"

"We just keep on arguing. Alex is only a month old and he has never once got up to try and stop him crying. He complains that he's tired but he doesnt do anything." I said sighing.

"Jen you have to consider the fact that he's Jason McCann. You do know that the only person he really loved was Alex? Then you came along and that all changed." What?

"Really?"

"Yeah, he loved his brother and he didn't talk to anyone after his death. When he kidnapped you, yes he was abusive towards you but then he started to like you. He said you're the only person he's ever loved apart from his brother, and now baby Alex of course."

"What about his parents?"

"They never loved him, thats why him and Alex ran away."

"How do you know all this?"

"Jason's like my brother." She replied. I sighed. I got up and walked into the kitchen, seeing Jason playing with Alex and his toys. Alex was smiling and laughing. He's so cute.

"Jason can we talk?" He looked up and nodded. We walked into the hallway.

"Jase I'm sorry. I've been a complete bitch to you, I'm really sorry." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I should have helped you more, I'm sorry too." He replied hugging me back.

"My fault." I said.

"Mine." I could feel him smirking against my neck.

"Don't start." I said.

"Start what?" He asked smirking again.

"An argument." I said dragging Jason back into the living room where we both played with our son.

This is how I like it.