Chapter Seventy One

Apologies for not updating for a while again, but to make it up I'm posting the last chapters of this story. There is a sequel, and depending on how many people want it, I will post it! Hope you all enjoy the next few chapters (: 

Jennifer

I sprinted out of Alex's room and straight to ours. My shaking hands picked up Jason's phone and scrolled through his contacts until I saw 'Jaden'. I pressed dial.

"Hello?"

"Jaden call the gangs doctor. Its Jason!" That came out fast and panicked.

"Why what's happened?" I could hear the worry in Jadens voice.

"He's been shot! HURRY!" I yelled and hung up. I stuffed his phone in my pocket, before hurrying into the bathroom and grabbing a towel and first aid kit. When I finally got back in Alex's room there was a massive pool of blood circling around Jason's torso. He was loosing more and more blood by the minute. I pushed the towel against his bullet wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding, or at least slow it down.

"Get painkillers." Jason said. I nodded and hurried to the kitchen where we keep the tablets. I got a bottle of water and painkillers. Jason took the tablets almost immediately.

"W-What do I do know?" I asked panicked.

"Wait until the doctor gets here." He replied. I pushed the towel again harder making Jason hiss in pain.The white towel was now almost completely red with Jasons blood, along with the carpet around him. "Ah, it hurts."

"I know Jase. Try and keep awake until the doctor gets here." The thought of anything happening to him killed me. His eyelids drooped slowly. I did the first thing that came to mind to keep him awake, slap him.

"OW!" He yelled.

"Stay awake." I turned around to double check that Alex was still safe. When I turned back Jason's eyelids were completely shut. "Jason." I said shaking him. No response. "JASON!" I yelled. Nothing. I grabbed his phone off the floor and called Jaden again.

"Jaden hurry. He's unconcious."

"Were only a couple of minutes away." He said before hanging up. Tears slipped uncontrolably down my cheeks.

I just hope he's going to be okay.

*5 hours later*

Jason was still in surgery, and I was getting more and more worried by the minute. We were all sitting waiting in the waiting room. What if something happened to Jason? There was no way I could ever find a job that would get me enough money to keep that house running. What would happen to Alex? Having no father figure in his life when he's growing up. The doctor walked in interuppting my thoughts.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked shooting up from my seat.

"The bullet has been successfully removed. Mr McCann is going to be in a lot of pain for quite a while. We just have to wait to see if he'll get through it."

"What do you mean get through it!?" Please don't tell me what I think he's going to say.

"The bullet hit him in the large intestine, which is one of the vital organs to keep the body working. Unless that repairs quick enough, Mr McCann may not make it." That sentence made tears fall down my face uncontrollably.

"He might die?" My voice was shaky.

"He's recovering right now. You can go and see him if you want." The doctor stated before walking away, completely ignoring my question.

"Jen. Don't worry about him. Jason's tough, he'll get through this." Jaden comforted me rubbing a hand across my back soothingly.

"I hope so."

"You go in first. With Alex." Jaden said handing me him from the seat next to him. I placed him on my hip with my arms wrapped around his back for support.

"Doctor what room is he in?" I asked. The doctor looked at Alex and gave me a sympathetic look.

"That one right there." He said pointing to a door just behind me. I let out a shaky breath before pushing open the door. Surprisingly he was awake.

"Jase. Are you okay?" I asked quickly rushing over to him. He tried to move but winced in pain.

"No." He said. There was a fresh plaster on his wound, but by the looks of things blood was still pouring out. "Did the doctor tell you?" He asked. I nodded, another tear falling down my cheek. "Dont cry baby." He wiped my tears away. He looks as if he's in so much pain.

"That it hit the large intestine, and thats a vital organ." The doctors last sentence was playing over and over in my mind. 'Mr McCann might not make it.' 'Mr McCann might not make it.' I couldn't get those four words out of my mind.

"Don't worry babygirl. I'll be fine." I looked up at him and tears flooded my eyes almost immediately. I couldn't stand seeing him like this. "I love you." He said kissing the top of my hand.

"I love you too." I whispered back shakily.

'God, if you can hear me right now. Please help Jason. Don't leave Alex without a father. Don't leave me without a husband. Amen.' I prayed silently in my head.