Chapter Fifty Eight

1K VOTES GUYS OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

How on earth am I meant to forgive him after what he's done? Now, not only to I have responsibility to myself I also have responsibility to my son, and I'm not having him in danger. I don't know what I'd do with myself if anything ever happened to Alex.

"I don't believe you." I admitted honestly.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"If you loved me you wouldnt have hit me. If you loved Alex then you would have tried to stop us from leaving." I said looking down, feeling a tear fall down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

"I'm sorry." He said. He walked closer to me and grabbed my hand but I quickly snatched away. "You and Alex mean everything to me. I love you guys so much. Please, just give me another chance." He begged.

"You can still see Alex." Its only fair. He began to smile, clearing thinking I was going to forgive him again. "But I don't want a relationship with you." I added. As much as it hurt me to do that, I had to. His smile dropped.

"W-Why?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"I don't trust you anymore. Or love you." I mumbled the last part, lying. I do love him, but I don't want to get back together with him if he's just going to beat me again. He looked down at the ground and nodded slightly, tears slipping down his perfect face.

"Can you go home?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I pretty much just got here." I said sitting back down. He sighed and nodded. There was an awkward silence between us until Jason broke it.

"Please can I go see Alex? I know where you guys live."

"How? And how did you know where we were?" I asked.

"I have gang members all over the country. A few guys from this state have been watching you every since you moved." Why am I not surprised?

"Yes you can." He smiled and began walking towards me but he soon turned around, realising a hug would make the tension even more awkward.

"I'll see you later." He said leaving. I sighed and slumped back in my seat.

Why do some things have to be so complicated?

Jason

I unbuckled my seatbelt and began walking towards the building block Jennifer was currently in. I had to ask at reception which number her apartment was, and they were reluctant but eventually did. I jogged up the stairs to the second floor and knocked on the door. A blonde, fairly young girl answered the door, confused as to who I was and what I was doing here. She must be Alex's babysitter.

"Hey.." I said awkwardly.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Jason." I said. She looked confused. Has Jennifer never even mentioned me? Not once? Did she seriously just cut me out of her life completely?

"I'm Alex's dad." I said.

"Oh come in." She said. I smiled and walked in. "Just go and take a seat in the living room." I nodded and sat down on the couch, examining her apartment. This isn't actually as bad as what I was expecting, it's quite a nice place. Just then the girl came back with Alex in her arms. He's grown so much.

"Hey baby." I said, taking him from her arms. He smiled one of his toothless grins. "You can go home if you like." I said to the girl.

"Thanks." She replied shrugging. "Bye." She said giving me a slight smile before leaving.

Jennifer

I finally arrived back home. I usually finish work at five but it's almost nine. Our boss called an emergancy meeting. Jenna's car wasn't parked outside, so I assumed she must of went home. I headed into the building and up to mine and Alex's apartment. Opening the door, I found Jason cooking what looked like Spaghetti Bolognese.

"Hey. I thought I'd make you something." He replied smiling.

"Thanks. Where's Alex?" I asked.

"Sleeping." He said.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." He nodded before I walked upstairs. I checked on Alex in his room. He was fine. After my shower I changed into this outfit. I tied my hair in a messy bun and walked downstairs. Jason was putting the food on two plates. He handed me my plate before walking to the table.

"We can eat in the living room you know?" I said chuckling and walking in. I turned on the TV and watched some random show.

---

"That was gorgeous Jase, thank you." I said quickly pecking his cheek. He smiled and blushed slightly.

Although I don't want to get back together with him, I still wish we were.

Thank you guys so much for 1K votes, I'm so glad so many of you are enjoying the story and don't forget to comment your opinions!(:

Because I have been such a shitty author and not updated for a while I'm going to post a few chapters today, and I hope you enjoy them. I have been getting a lot of schoolwork and revision recently, I just don't have the time to update, sorry guys and thank you for being patient x