Chapter Sixty

Jennifer

"W-why?" I asked, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"Because you're right." He shrugged.

"Right about what?" I asked, beyond confused.

"Nobody can love a guy like me." He said walking over to me. He kissed Alex's head and handed him to me before hugging me.

"I'm so sorry Jennifer, for everything." I looked up at him, tears blurring my vision. He grabbed his bags and started to walk to the door. I was completely frozen, I couldn't move. The door shut and I quickly put Alex is his cot making sure that I don't hurt him.

"Jason." I practically screamed running out the door of my apartment. He was just about to go down the stairs when he whipped around. . "Jason please don't leave, I love you." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Jennifer it's for the best. You're right, nobody can love me. I'm a criminal, a murderer, bomber..." He trailed.

"Jason I was angry, of course I didn't mean it, I love you, Alex loves you, Jess, Jaden all of them. I'm so sorry!"

"Why are you saying sorry? I'm the fucked up one here." Jason said.

"No you're not. Please Jason, I love you." I don't mind admitting it now. It took him a few moments to reply.

"I love you too." He said kissing me. I missed his lips.

"So you'll stay?" I asked. He nodded and I smiled huge. I quickly dragged him back inside. I heard Alex start to cry, my baby. I picked him up out of his cot and began to gently rock him.

"It's okay baby." I cooed at him.

"Daddy!" He said holding his arms out at Jason. Me and Jason looked at each other in pure shock before looking back at Alex.

"Say it again baby." I said to him.

"Daaaa." Was the only sound that came out of his mouth. Close enough. I handed him to Jason and he gently bounced him.

"I love you baby." Jason said to Alex in a baby voice making him giggle and smile.

"I love you guys both so much. But there's another thing." I nodded as if to say continue.

"We need to go on a family vacation."

"Where to?" I asked maybe a little bit too excited.

"How about Disneyland?" Jason asked. I nodded and even Alex smiled one of his cute toothless smiles which made me and Jason laugh. "Perfect, you start packing and I'll book the tickets." I smiled and rushed upstairs.

This is going to be perfect.

---

I zipped up the suitcases and placed them on the floor.

"Jason can you come and help please?" I shouted to him.

"Yeah two minutes." He yelled. Before long I heard his footsteps jogging up the stairs. "Can you get Alex's and I'll get ours." He said.

"You sure, Alex's suitcase is tiny." Jason nodded and walked out, dragging the two suitcases behind him. I followed behind him with Alex's suticase. He was in his little onesie giggling and smiling happily. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

"Are we getting a cab there?" I asked Jason.

"Yeah, what time is the flight?"

"The flight leaves at six." I said, Jason nodded.

"The cabs here, I'll go and put the cases in." Jason said walking out. He seems a little grumpy, but thats probably just because he had to get up at 3am. As Jason took the suitcases out I picked up Alex, placing him on my hip. After making sure all the windows and doors were locked, I activated the alarm. I locked the door and walked outside to find Jason already waiting inside. Sighing, I strapped Alex in before I got in myself.

"Jase why didn't we just drive there?" I was just being curious.

"Just incase Alex got travel sick."

"Jason I know you're tired and all but is there something else on your mind? You seem a little well, not yourself.

"I'm fine baby. You know if I don't get my sleep then I'm like this." He said pecking my lips.

"So Jase, what do you want for your birthday?" I asked him.

"I don\t really care about presents. Just aslong as you and Alex are with me."

"Well we are obviously still going to get you a gift but is there anything you really want?"

"I want you to move back to where we were."

"Jason what about my job?" I asked.

"You wont need a job." He said smiling at me.

"I'll think about it."

I really dont know, should I move back in with him? Put myself and Alex back in the danger I thought we got out of?

I suppose thats what I get for falling in love with a criminal.

---

I was awoken by someone shaking me.

"Jen, wake up. We're here." Flickering my eyes open, I turned and saw Jason holding a sleeping Alex in his arms. "We're here." He repeated. I slightly smiled and stood up before stretching. We got off the plane and headed into baggage claim. After waiting for twenty minutes our bags arrived. We placed them onto the luggage cart and walked through the crowds towards the exit. After going through security Jason led us to the back part of the airport.

"Jason where are we going?" I asked confused.

"Nowhere." He replied. I shurgged it off and followed him as we passed by lots of passage ways.

"McCann!" I heard a voice shout from behind us.

"Where's the car?" Jason asked.

"Out here, come on." The man began to lead us out of some exit.

"Who's he?" I whispered to Jason so the man couldnt hear.

"Some guy in the gang, he's gonna take us to the theme park hotel that were staying at." I nodded understanding.

"Get in." The man said. Jason held the door open for me and strapped Alex in carefully before getting in himself.