Chapter Ten

Jennifer

I ran as fast as I can to Jason's car, if you could even call it that anymore. I ran to the drivers side and looked through the shattered windscreen to see if Jason was okay. He had cuts all over his face, and there was blood everywhere. His once white top was now red. I carefully crawled through the windscreen and rummaged in Jason's pockets. In his left back one he had his phone so I pulled it out and dialed Jess's number. After a few rings she picked up.

"Jason, what's going on man?"

"Jess it's me you've gotta help me!" 

"Why what's happened!?" She asked sensing the panic in my voice. 

"Its Jason, I'll tell you what happened later just help me! Where in a field about 5 minutes away from his house."

"We're on our way."

"Jason wake up." I said, shaking him a little. "Jason, c'mon!" I said. His eyes opened slightly.

"Jase are you okay?"

"N-No, get some help." He said. 

"I am, Jess and the gang are on their way." I said, "Just stay awake okay."

Jason

The pain was just too much, I was trying to keep my eyes open but it was so hard. Jennifer was holding my head up causing even more pain to my neck but I could hardly speak. I fought and fought to keep my eyes open but I eventually just had to let them shut on me. 

---

I opened my eyes to a white room. I heard this annoying beeping and looked to my side and saw a heart monitor. I had this big white cover over my right eye and a brace on my arm and neck. I heard talking.

"We've had to do some serious operations on Jason. We have had to stitch his eye, cuts and other places where it was necessary. He will be in a lot of pain for about 1 month. After that it will slowly start to ease off."

"Okay thank you." A angelic voice said. I heard someone sigh and shrink down in the seat next to my bed. A warm hand caressed my cheek as I tried to open my eyes. They slowly opened up and I looked to my left to see Jennifer.

"Oh God Jase you're awake!" She cried.

"Did you really think I would leave you? Especially with bastards like them running around?" She smiled and hook her head slightly.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. 

"Could be better." I replied, as she smiled slightly. She got up out of the chair and gave me a hug, trying her best not to hurt me. She sat back down and held my hand, stroking it with her thumb. 

"So about going out...." I trailed off. "Maybe we could do it when im a little bit better?" 

Jen nodded her head. "Id love that." This was it. This was the time to tell her.

"Jen, I thought I should...uhm," I paused for a brief few seconds, "tell you that I t-think you're beautiful. When I said, me taking you somewhere, I really did mean it as a date. I just didn't have the guts to tell you." 

Jennifer

"Jen, I thought I should...erm...tell you that I t-think you're beautiful. When I said, me taking you somewhere, I really did mean it as a date. I just didn't have the guts to tell you." I sat there speechless, with my mouth and eyes wide open. I probably looked like an idiot. "I know you probably don't feel the same way but I just thought I should tell you." Jason added on sighing and shrinking back into the bed at the same time. It crushed my heart seeing him like this. 

"Actually Jason, I feel the same way." His eyes lit up and he smiled huge. 

"So will you be my girl?" He asked hopefully. 

"I'd love to Jason." I said smiling. He lifted his good arm and signaled for me to come closer to him. As I got closer he looked me in the eyes and we both slowly started to lean in. His eyes wondered from mine to my lips before our lips touched. Sparks took over my whole body. We were interrupted by the door opening. We both quickly pulled away and looked seeing Jess, Derek, Josh, Mason, Aaron, Jake and Jaden who I met before.

"Sorry to interrupt." Jess said smirking at me.

"Yeah boss, didn't mean to stop your little make-out session." Jaden added smirking.

"Shut up." Jason said putting his head down and blushing. Awh, that's so cute! "Don't be jealous just because you cant get any."

"Jess obviously hasn't told you yet has she?" Huh?

"What?"

"We're dating." Jess said smiling. "And I'mm guessing you guys are too." She carried on with a wink at the end.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Jason said smiling, still blushing a little bit. "Anyway I have a new mission for you guys, kill Johnson and his gang." Here we go talking about gangs, again.. I groaned in my head.

"Wait I thought Johnson was part of your gang...." I trailed off hoping for an answer.

"Psh, no. He was just associated with it. He started off in this gang but he left to try and start one for himself, which he couldn't. He then came crawling back to us, saying he'd do anything to be back in. So we just said yeah and got him to do some missions and bombing and shit." I just nodded my head.

"So anyway, we talked to the Doctor and he said you'll probably be in here for a few more days and then if your feeling okay after that, then you'll be able to go home."

"Good." Jason said.