Chapter Twenty Seven

Jennifer

I was sat in a waiting room with the some random detective. 

"So, tell me Miss Lawrence. Why did you escape with Jason McCann back in the station in Las Vegas?" She asked me. I sighed.

"If I had of stayed there I knew what would happen. I would be taken back to my parents in Atlanta. I was better off with Jason." I replied. 

"How could you be better off with the most wanted criminal's in the world? Are you telling me that it would be safer, better with him!?" She spat sounding disgusted. 

"I would not be safe with my parents, at all! My school life was hell, my home life was hell. I'm much better off with Jason, whether he is a criminal or not!" I spat back at her. 

"Criminal or not he's dangerous Jennifer!" She shouted. 

"Oh and my abusive parents aren't!?" I shouted back at her. 

"I highly doubt your parents were abusive! They were unbelieveably upset about your disappearance." She shouted. Why do I have a funny feeling that they have told her to say this?

"Its an act! They beat me, hit me! My dad even through a china vase at my back!" I screamed. 

"I don't believe a word you say Jennifer!" She raised her tone

"Do you want me to prove it!?" She nodded. I lifted up the back of my shirt revealing the scar down my back. Yes, it was fading, but it's still there. I turned back around and she shook her head.

"How can that be off a vase?" She asked smirking. My parents have put her up to this, they must have!

"I was in hospital for 2 weeks, getting glass out of my back, getting stitched up!" I said. 

"Either way, the cops are looking for Jason and you are going to be taken back to your parents whether you like it or not." She said getting up and leaving the room. I sighed and laid back on my chair before the door burst open, revealing the two least people I wanted to see.

My parents...

"Jennifer I think it's time for us to go home." My mom said. I sighed and got up. 

"Thank you for finding her." My dad said before leaving. 

I was harshly pushed out of the car, landing on my face. I felt the blood slowly trickle down from hitting the hard concrete. I was dragged by my hair into the house. My head slammed against the kitchen tiles. A tear trickled from my eye. A serious of kicks hit me around the chest, face and stomach. I was in agony. My mom ran up the stairs and came downstairs with a wedged shoe. As I looked up she hit me hard against the face. I screamed in pain. She hit me numorous times before finally dropping the shoe. 

"That will do until tomorrow." My dad spit on me before heading upstairs. I couldn't move. I had no choice except to lay on the kitchen floor until morning. 

---

A hand came in contact with my face, making me wake up suddenly. I looked up and saw my parents. They looked down at me and laughed.

"W-What type of s-sickos like seeing their own d-daughter in p-pain?" I asked. Dad raised his leg and kicked me hard in the face. I cant even call them my parents anymore, or mom or dad. They're dead to me. 

"You see Jennifer, you were stupid enough to run away or as you say get kidnapped." He said said making air quoteations.

"We thought about it last night and decided a beating wasn't enough." She replied.

"We think you deserve worse." She added smirking. I gulped, feeling a hand punch me shortly after as I yelled in pain.

"Shut up it isnt over yet!" My dad added.

---

After it all, I swear I'd broke at least ten bones in my body. I was in agony.

But this was only the beggining..

It was going to get a whole lot worse!